View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 04:21 AM
kalibar
N00b

kalibar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kalibar
I've been having some screwy issues with ThreadedSMS.

-- For starters, I can't seem to figure out how to stop the really long vibrate effect from happening upon receipt of a new message, even if my Mogul is set to completely silent.
-- The fonts of previous messages of conversations inside the client itself seem to arbitrarily choose to display either in the normal, comfortably-readable size or (at their own discretion, seemingly) in a smaller size that's kind of a pain to read.
-- I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable auto-capitalization of the first letter of a sentence. Stuff like "Lol" and "Oh cool" and "Really" look ridiculously out-of-place to me in a casually-if-at-all capitalized SMS session. I poked around in the registry but couldn't find an option to disable this.
-- The program seems to randomly turn my Mogul's screen on if I leave it running, but this issue is resolved by using HTC Task Manager to keep it closed when I hit the X-Button. Still, weird and annoying.
-- I don't think I'm getting all of my messages. My brother told me today that he had sent five different text messages, none of which arrived on my Mogul. Maybe ThreadedSMS is to blame, maybe it's something else, but that's pretty alarming. I remember reading about this issue on PDAPhoneHome and elsewhere when the Mogul first dropped and people were running ThreadedSMS on it, so immediately after installing the client, I got out another phone and sat down and fired about 50 text messages back and forth between my ThreadedSMS-powered Mogul and my secondary phone. Neither of them missed a message, but now my Mogul is.

Hell, I don't know. It could be baseless paranoia, but something really feels "off" about this client. I don't even know if I'm using the latest/"right" version or whatever -- the file I have is just called "WM6_threaded.cab", and it appears to be the release that Codyppc was gracious enough to repackage for us. Still, this thing doesn't seem to be ready for primetime.

Last edited by kalibar; 10-15-2007 at 02:28 AM.