View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 09:38 AM
askwhy
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best way to keep battery in low signal areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Another thing you might try is bumping your SCI up a notch.

I live in a pretty low-coverage area too, and just going from 2 to 3 made a marked impact on my battery performance; however, I really don't care if it takes my texts a couple extra seconds to show up, or if the person calling me has to listen to 1 more ring before I answer. YMMV.

Right on! I forgot I had changed this to 1 when I got my extended battery -- and at the time I was getting such a solid signal with the Telus radio -- but for whatever reason since switching to WM6.5 ROMs I seem to have been getting pretty lousy signal with all radios and my battery life has suffered. Changing this back to 2, or 3 as you suggested should make a noticeable difference.

Thank you for bringing this one up...