View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 PM
zero157h7
Regular 'Geeker

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7
Re: Windows Marketplace to ship with 600 Apps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
haha, 600 is alot, and I'm sure it will grow really fast.
From what I've read the pre's appstore had like 10 and blackberry's one appstore sucked. haha.

Also, since microsoft is in on it now,
I'm sure there will be more and more apps that companies make for WM instead of the Iphone.
Just you wait and see, I predict it!
I do not know about instead of but I think it will help with in addition to. the one problem I still see is the lack of uniformity of the platform (ie accelerometer differences between manufacturers) and underpowered processors/missing drivers. I think WM7 will really see the increases when the specs are a bit more constrained by ms and if there is os built in accelerometer drivers and they are part of the wm sdk.

Now I may be off base on some of this but I do not think that I am, and right now developing apps for the various screen sizes and inner parts makes a company (specifically with games) have to make various versions.