View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Darkjedi
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best Buy no longer carries Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmet View Post
I have to disagree on two major points here. Lack of stability? I am bone stock and RARELY have stability problems. My roommate has a Storm and he has major problems with stability (that's the only competitor I am familiar with enough to comment, though iPhone 3GS battery problems have been surfacing). I also NEVER use my stylus. It's been missing for weeks now and I haven't even noticed. Does HTC produce a good phone, yes. Can they produce a GREAT phone by listening to customers, getting drivers, and combining features they already provide, absolutely. We want our cake and we want to eat it too, but I can't say the TP is a disappointment by any means. Head to head with the competitors, I rarely find features that my phone doesn't have. If I do, there are also downfalls that my phone doesn't have, so it all depends. As far as the TP2, if they expected it to be major upgrades, I am sure they wouldn't have used the "TP" brand for it. A bigger screen is enough to make me upgrade, but I understand that everyone uses their phone for different things and I am sure HTC does also. Regardless, I think the TP2 will be a good device and I forsee a lot of people that say they don't want it, ending up upgrading for the fact that we are all here for the same reason. We love gadgets, we want the latest and greatest, and like the title of the website says, we are geeks. I wish I could say I wouldn't upgrade and the screen, keyboard, etc wasn't enough to make me upgrade, but honestly, it is....
One of the key signs of stability issues is the number of times you find it necessary to soft reset a phone. No matter what WM I ran, from WM5 to WM6 to WM6.1 stock WM6.1 custom to WM6.5 I've always had to soft reset my phone at least a couple times a week due to various issues, whether it started to slow down or completely freeze.

Now I absolutely abhor the iPhone, but one of my friends didn't even know how to reset her iPhone until about 5 months after she first got it, when it froze for the first time. The iPhone is much simpler in structure, but it is a testament to it's stability. Many of my friends with BBs also rarely reset their phones. Many people have different experiences with WM, depending on their level of customization and programs installed, but I am willing to bet that the majority of power users on this forum have significant stability problems with WM. But like I said, I unfortunately deal with these issues on the tradeoff of customization, but I just wish it were possible to have it both ways. I can see how the average consumer would be turned off to using WM due to it's flakiness.

HTC and WM6.5 has significantly improved 'finger-friendliness' but it's nowhere near the ease of use that a multitouch screen offers. I find myself constantly having to use my nail to pinpoint things on the screen if I'm too lazy to pull out the stylus.