View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 12:24 PM
jmy72
Regular 'Geeker

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72
Thumbs down Re: Can we stop the ROM madness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkenny View Post

My suggestion is the creators of all of these ROM's should form a partnership and create one group of ROM's all based on the same thing. There could be sprint builds, alltell builds, no TF3d etc, but it is all off the same base. This would be by far the best for the end user as it would eliminate the confusion of which one to pick. This would require a lot of working together, but imagine how much more progress would be made if everyone were working for the common good, not just themselves! not only would the roms be better and get better faster, but fixing issues would be much easier as well.
Mr. BigKenny:

Okay, Now its time for me to put my two cents in. I am amazed that ANYONE would become a member and on their first set of posts already tell people how they should be running the show. Do you go into companies on your first day at work and look at the boss and say "I think you run this company like crap. This is how I think you should run your company." I mean come on man, thats a pretty ballsy move.

If anything you should be getting on your knees and kissing the all of the chefs feet, for all the hard work that they do to try and better the Touch Pro. There are many cooks out there, that form their ROMS to the likes of many diffferent people. And now you want them all to be unified into one set of ROMS. Well I hate to tell you, But if I wanted to go out for dinner and the only place to eat was the Bonanza, all you can eat buffet, that would get pretty boring very fast.

I think its wonderful that there is a wide variety of ROMS for people to use. Some people like a lil more sugar,(all the bells and whistles) and some like their food a lil tart,(plain) Some like Sprints way of doing things, some like Verizon, and some even like for some reason that I don't personally understand, AT&T's way of doing things.

I think that your post is uncalled for, and it appears to be coming from someone that has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. If you don't like the way that the roms are done here, then I suggest that you download a good kitchen (But PLEASE, Not from here, because it is obvious that you don't like the way the cooks here have things set up). Maybe go to ppckitchens or something and download a base for you to create your OWN ROM, the way you like it.

It is people like you, that come in and ruin it for the rest of the flock. When people come in and basically bash the cooks for the way they do things, it kinda makes its so that the cooks feel like "what the hell am I doing this for anyways, its not Like I am appreciated." Which is wrong. MOST people here appreciate the heck out of the cooks and the fine work that they do.

In closing, I would suggest that you actually take some time, and look at all the ROMS and actually read, before you speak. You will see that most of the cooks DO work with each other. They share ideas, kitchens, tweaks, reg edits, and more. To better serve the community. And, I shame you, for thinking anything else.

Good day to you Sir!

Last edited by jmy72; 06-30-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: To avoid confusion of who this was to.