View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 04:13 AM
timetraveler
Almost a VIP

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: grooveROM 5 Touch Pro Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
This is a modified version of Calkulin's kitchen. Thanks to Calcu for the kitchen tools and OEM base. Thanks to lllboredlll for the custom kitchen.

Here's a quick and dirty guide to cooking with the grooveROM 5 Kitchen:

1. Download and extract the grooveROM Touch Pro kitchen to your computer

2. Download and extract the latest grooveOEMbase [Touch Pro] to the root of the kitchen folder.

3. Download the latest Touch Pro sys and rom folders here [23001], and extract to the root of your kitchen.

4. You can manually remove any of the program folders in the OEM or SYS folders before cooking if you don't want that program or wait and do it with the kitchen if that folder has an "option.xml" file in it. If it doesn't, you have to remove it manually.

5. If you want to add a program, you will need to find the OEM package somewhere at PPCGeeks (or elsewhere). Calu's kitchen has lots of OEMs that you can download. So does TobeyChris' kitchens. RSToyGuy also has a great thread in this forum with lots of VGA OEMs. Make sure that you delete and redundant files that are in the OEM folder when adding new ones. Redundant files cause errors when building.

6. Run the Build Your Own grooveROM.exe in the root of the kitchen, then select Option 1 - Build a Custom ROM, then then BuildOS will open. Select the programs you want by checking the appropriate boxes. Once your done, click the green button in the upper left corner.

7. Give it a few minutes to process. If there are any errors, that likely means that you have two of the same file somewhere in your OEM folder. Search for the file, and delete one of them - then re run BuildOS. Once Build completes by saying "done" in the bottom right, close BuildOS with the "x" in the upper right corner.

8. A bunch of different programs will run for about five minutes or so, and then you will be taken to either a RUU (Rom Update Utility) or a PP (PagePool) changer. The PagePool changer is optional -- I'm using 24MB PP these days, but anything between 0 and 32 is fine. Close PP changer, the RUU opens.

9. Flash and enjoy.

**Important Notes:

1. You must use my OEMdrivers folder with the SYS. If you seperate the two, you will need to add cprog.exe and tpcutil.dll to the sys.

2. I don't care what you do with my kitchen. You can use any OEM's or files you find, but please give me the proper credit if you post a public ROM with elements of my work, or repost any files. Thanks.

3. If you'd like to donate to me, please click here:

-----------------------------

If you want the grooveROM skinned Tachi Dialer, the OEMs are attached:

were do you put the oem files to make the tachi dialer work ???