Threadstarter

HTC_Noob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I need help understanding all the terms here

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Hehehe, NEWB! Just kidding.

ROM - The OS that you flash to your phone (in this instance)
Kitchen - Used to make ROM
Manila / Rhodium Manila and TouchFlow 3D are all one in the same but differnt version builds of each. Tochflow3D is a gneric term for Manila. The two are interchangeable. Its the finger sliding interface on the phone.

Rhodium Manila is a new, higher functionality Manila from the Touch Pro 2. ROM. Its a buggy manila that was not intended for our devices although the great programmers on here are kind enough to "port" it to our devices so we can use it! Woot!

The differnce between 6.1 and 6.5 are like the difference between 2000 and XP but some like to compare XP to Vista. Just a new operating system. Has some fancier interfaces, etc. What you would expect in an OS upgrade. Its no so "squared off" like 6.5 and adds visual enhancements. I was once against 6.5 but now I am in LOVE with it. Its pretty!

Lastly, the ROM you should be running is MY ROM! Your gonna hear that alot (trust me ;c) but I develop ROMS exclusively for Verizon and the Verizon Touch Pro. Reason, i understand the memory limitations on the Verizon Pro. I have one! Most other chefs develop for the large memory devices. I develop for VZW devices. This in turn makes my ROMS a bit leaner than the others because I develop for the lack of memory. Not to say that you wont enjoy other ROMS either. Try them all. They are free for the taking! Consider it an adventure!

My web site and ROMS are at www.sskusers.net

Check it ou! You will enjoy for sure. Just released a new ROM and kitchen today!

Let us know what else you will need.....
Thanks. I will definately check out your rom. I have been hearing alot of people talking about the Mighty Rom here as well so I think I might check out that one as well. I hope he makes it for verizon too.