View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 03:40 PM
PMDColeslaw
Halfway to VIP Status

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Jun 23 ] [ v5.0 ] [ 21051 & 21815 ] Calkulin's Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
Make sure that you are running as administrator and make sure that you pause your Anti-Virus program while you are building a rom.

In the context of Calkulin's kitchen, G'rlock should 'flash' on your screen for a moment. It is driven via a command line entry and it should complete in a matter of moments (depending on PC speed). It should not persist and should not require user intervention to properly complete.

A vast majority of the time, if G'rlock persists in the way that you have described, it is because it cannot finish processing files. In my case, it always happens when I have my anti-virus running. I remedy this situation by pausing my anti-virus just before I close BuildOS. Closing BuildOS is where all of the individual file processing, including G'rlock, begins.

Best regards,
-boggsie
Ok I was running it at work where I dont have Admin privileges so that may have been the issue. I'll try it at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opuscroakus View Post
I received these same errors when I had a download that I extracted with ALZip and 7Zip. When I extracted the kitchen with WinRar it worked perfectly.
I also used 7zip to extract it so I'll use winzip at the house and see what happens. Thanks to both of you!

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.