View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 12:07 PM
fsp48
PPCGeeks Regular

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Software Idea for Sprint VVM

So I just looked into using youmail but the stupid Sprint 20cent call forwarding thing is a problem. I talked to the Sprint CS person and moved on to a tech and he confirmed even VM call forwarding will hit the system and charge the 20cents a minute call. Think we all have read this. So they say they have no plans to change this.

I have 2 idea to beat this stupidity for a simple feature. That's why we have WM PPC phones in the first place.

A) Someone writes a stand alone answering machine app. Provided we can trigger it by changing the ringer que as well as have it react to the ignore call button push on the phone. Sd Cards are huge enough to store the VVM Data.

B) Or make the app trigger an automated 3 way call transfer to our VVM number of choice provided it can work fast enough for a normal callers timeline during the switch over. I like this workaround if it can be fast enough and automated.

I put this in here because I use a touch pro and I believe they do have the most computing power of the CDMA WM devices offered as of now unless someone knows otherwise. Let me know.

Last edited by fsp48; 06-28-2009 at 12:14 PM.