PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Bustedsm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bustedsm
Re: Ultimate Launch

Ah, nevermind. I figured it out!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pdawg17 is keeping up the good workpdawg17 is keeping up the good work

Can someone tell me where the "load on startup" setting is? I have a 700wx which cuts off some of the settings...I wish there was a scroll bar for the settings screen...I don't know what I'm missing

An example of my problem is I use Phonealarm for custom notifications, etc but when I soft reset my phone (Sprite Backup) Phonealarm does not work until I highlight its tab...you can tell it's not loaded on reset because the tab is blank for several seconds before phonealarm shows up...

EDIT: Second problem - When first running after reset or after changing a setting and exiting, UL does not respond to gesturing until I have picked a new tab...otherwise nothing happens...

EDIT again: How to I change which tab I want UL to default to?

Last edited by pdawg17; 07-31-2008 at 11:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Bustedsm is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Bustedsm

Is there anyway to setup scrolling from top to bottom? I know in the contacts list I have setup the left and right isn't an issue, but I can't see half of my contacts that I've made....
Old 08-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
Can someone tell me where the "load on startup" setting is? I have a 700wx which cuts off some of the settings...I wish there was a scroll bar for the settings screen...I don't know what I'm missing

An example of my problem is I use Phonealarm for custom notifications, etc but when I soft reset my phone (Sprite Backup) Phonealarm does not work until I highlight its tab...you can tell it's not loaded on reset because the tab is blank for several seconds before phonealarm shows up...

EDIT: Second problem - When first running after reset or after changing a setting and exiting, UL does not respond to gesturing until I have picked a new tab...otherwise nothing happens...

EDIT again: How to I change which tab I want UL to default to?
The load on start up shows up when you create either a combined tab or a today plugin tab. It will be right there in the middle of the setting screen when you go to screen where you actually select the today plugin.

What ever tab is highlighed with the red outline is the default. You can change which one it is by going into the one you want to show up and select load on startup (I think i dont have my phone in front of me right now).
Old 08-05-2008, 05:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan Mogul 6800

JustRay586 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to JustRay586 Send a message via MSN to JustRay586 Send a message via Yahoo to JustRay586

Where Can I get Weather icons
Old 08-05-2008, 06:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Titan Mogul 6800

JustRay586 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to JustRay586 Send a message via MSN to JustRay586 Send a message via Yahoo to JustRay586

This is A Nice Site To Make Any .PNG image an .Ico image or icon image
and it's free

http://converticon.com
Old 08-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH Pro and Crackberry Curve (work)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

Skinny0ne is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Skinny0ne

On the touch ULTIMATE LAUNCHER is at the bottom anyway I can get it to work where the clock is like in the MOGUL?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I absolutely LOVE Ultimate Launch (although it did cause me to do a hard reset to my Verizon XV6800 the first time I used it when I had HTC Home running in two places).

My phone is highly customized, but the hard reset was no big deal as I had a current BU on my card from SPB BU. The restore from the BU worked perfectly except it eliminated my 4 email accounts (I had to re-create all 4 from scratch) which doesn't make much sense to me although it was no big deal.

I have a couple questions that you guys can probably help me out with: I can't get a combined tab to work right for some reason. It's not a big deal really, but it irritates me when I can't get something to work right & I'm probably doing something stupid (wouldn't be the first time).

I have 5 tabs running now that work perfectly. The display is set at a fixed height of 150 pixels (I fooled around with this until it eliminated the scroll bar from the right side of the screen).

I have no tabs loading at startup, & all tabs set to only be activated when visible to save memory. The only home screen plug-in I have running other than UL is THE WEATHER CHANNEL program (it is always visible on the lower half of the screen). Although I have Weather Panel with the Phatfinger setup (awesome) running in its own tab, I like to have weather info available at all times at a glance & THE WEATHER CHANNEL plug-in gives me that.

I have two questions really:

1: How do you get UL to run in a full screen (portrait orientation, I don't care about landscape) & not get that damn scroll bar on the right??

2: I was trying to make a combined tab with HTC Home & either another today plug-in (is this even possible??), or the Home screen at the top & a bunch of program shortcuts at the bottom like some of the screen shots in this thread. When I create the combined tab, when I open it all that shows is the HTC Home at the top & the bottom half of the screen is blank. I set the height at 300 pixels, but it gave me a full screen (with a right side scroll bar that does virtually nothing) & the entire lower half of the screen is blank.

I appreciate any help you guys can give me, this board is awesome. I am pretty computer savvy (I built high end gaming PC's from scratch for years), but this is my first PPC & I'm still learning as I go..............

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 08-06-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
1: How do you get UL to run in a full screen (portrait orientation, I don't care about landscape) & not get that damn scroll bar on the right??
On the display tab play around with the Fixed plugin-height setting. I have something running at the bottom so mine is only set to 232px but mine is pretty close to full screen. If you have it set to fix height it will clip off anything that doesnt fit and there will be no scroll bars so be careful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
2: I was trying to make a combined tab with HTC Home & either another today plug-in (is this even possible??), or the Home screen at the top & a bunch of program shortcuts at the bottom like some of the screen shots in this thread. When I create the combined tab, when I open it all that shows is the HTC Home at the top & the bottom half of the screen is blank. I set the height at 300 pixels, but it gave me a full screen (with a right side scroll bar that does virtually nothing) & the entire lower half of the screen is blank.
You can combine multiple today plugins on a combined tab. I have 3 or 4 on my internet tab (RSS, Google Search, Live Search) You just need to create the combined tab once you have the tab choose change and then choose new and then choose Today-Plugin configure that tab then go back to the previous screen and choose new again and make another Today-Plugin tab. You can have as many as you want I imagine. I would seriously urge you to consider using BatteryStatus and the HTC clone theme rather than HTC Home but thats your call.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
On the display tab play around with the Fixed plugin-height setting. I have something running at the bottom so mine is only set to 232px but mine is pretty close to full screen. If you have it set to fix height it will clip off anything that doesnt fit and there will be no scroll bars so be careful.
I just played around with the fixed height setting & I get a right side scroll bar at almost any setting above 150px?? (I got a SB at 170px)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
You can combine multiple today plugins on a combined tab. I have 3 or 4 on my internet tab (RSS, Google Search, Live Search) You just need to create the combined tab once you have the tab choose change and then choose new and then choose Today-Plugin configure that tab then go back to the previous screen and choose new again and make another Today-Plugin tab. You can have as many as you want I imagine. I would seriously urge you to consider using BatteryStatus and the HTC clone theme rather than HTC Home but thats your call.
Weird, that is EXACTLY what I thought I did but it didn't work correctly for me...................

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software