PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 01:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Commonly requested & popular software/applications

Hey, I'm looking for a program that logs GPS routes and and can export them to google earth or the likes... a few would be good to try out what works best. any help would be great!

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 04-23-2010, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

weims09 is keeping up the good workweims09 is keeping up the good work

Following is a link to nice cab called "Car Locator" that the user "Hook/\hzorr" posted at PPCWarez. Here is the descripion of the cab according to the post @
http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=114104

"Have you ever spent hours trying to locate your car in a large car park? No more! Use CarLocator to record the your parking location. You can then close the app and move on, as it saves GPS location of your car. When you need to find your car, open CarLocator and it will load your current location and your car's location on a Radar-like screen, showing your current walking direction relative to your car, or view them on a Google street view map showing you & your car's position. This app also provide additional functionality for you to record up to 500 favorite locations and locate them later. Some useful usage including marking the grave location of someone you will visit again once a year, where usually finding the grave is hard in some country."
Old 04-26-2010, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

The00Stranger is a n00b

I'm looking for a findme by sms / gps sent by sms program that works. I've tried a couple but couldn't get them to work for one reason or another. I have HD2 phones and a T-MObile Dash that I would like to be able find if lost, stolen. WM 6 and WM 6.5. Anyone used one of those find me programs that works?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

matty2244 is a n00b

Hello everybody

I have been a loyal windows mobile user for years, and currently am on a sprint touch pro 2. I love winmo and have no plans on leaving, however cannot seem to find a good sports app? When running around with my friends and I need to know the score of the current game, I find myself asking one of my iphone buddies who have a plethora of apps available to find out what the score is as it takes me forever and a day to get on the internet and navigate to the actual game I want to see. Does anyone know a good app for sports?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty2244 View Post
Hello everybody

I have been a loyal windows mobile user for years, and currently am on a sprint touch pro 2. I love winmo and have no plans on leaving, however cannot seem to find a good sports app? When running around with my friends and I need to know the score of the current game, I find myself asking one of my iphone buddies who have a plethora of apps available to find out what the score is as it takes me forever and a day to get on the internet and navigate to the actual game I want to see. Does anyone know a good app for sports?
I have one. But I don't think it is good (my apologies to the developer). The thread is on this forum and can be found here...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116042

The thing is, it is not finger friendly at all. What it is basically is a shortcut to ESPN's mobile web that get's placed in your start menu.

Here's another draw back. The developer does not really explain how the process works or what to do. So if you are computer savvy you can figure it out on your own. If your not then you probably think it just doesn't work. It does work -but it is not going to compare to an iPhone app (no disrespect intended). Then again -how many WinMo apps do?
Old 05-01-2010, 03:58 PM
VIP Member

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by weims09 View Post
Following is a link to nice cab called "Car Locator" that the user "Hook/\hzorr" posted at [Online]. Here is the descripion of the cab according to the post @
[link removed]

"Have you ever spent hours trying to locate your car in a large car park? No more! Use CarLocator to record the your parking location. You can then close the app and move on, as it saves GPS location of your car. When you need to find your car, open CarLocator and it will load your current location and your car's location on a Radar-like screen, showing your current walking direction relative to your car, or view them on a Google street view map showing you & your car's position. This app also provide additional functionality for you to record up to 500 favorite locations and locate them later. Some useful usage including marking the grave location of someone you will visit again once a year, where usually finding the grave is hard in some country."
I was thinking something more like a travel route logger... but thanks

Last edited by No1ustad; 05-01-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

jnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuffjnuts5423 knows their stuff

Mistake me if im wrong, but i believe all warez is forbidden here at ppc. Like can get you banned. im just sayin

Last edited by jnuts5423; 05-01-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:05 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnuts5423 View Post
Mistake me if im wrong, but i believe all warez is forbidden here at ppc. Like can get you banned. im just sayin
You're completely right. We should remove the links from our quotes of him and PM him to edit his post.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
Hey, I'm looking for a program that logs GPS routes and and can export them to google earth or the likes... a few would be good to try out what works best. any help would be great!
I like sportpal for tracking routes. It has modes for different exercises (biking, hiking, skiing or just freestyle if you want to drive or fly or whatever. It's free and really cool www.sportypal.com . There are versions for winmo, android, blackberry, iphone, can't beat free !

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 05-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: dopod 696
Carrier: cmcc

tophunker is a n00b

you guy know it all,huhn?lol!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software