PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

lowpro3210 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redifrogger View Post
I did a quick search on OPMON and they sound the same. From what I saw, it too had the problem I'm experiencing - where after some time the personalized text goes away and is replaced with the carrier name again.
Yup, I get that problem as well...not a biggie for me tho, minor inconvenience
Old 01-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Opmon lets you set the time before it checks for changes. The problem is that the cell tower goes and updates your carrier line back to what your carrier wants, thus if you change the line, Sprint (or whoever your carrier is) changes it back. Opmon lets you specify how often to check for that change and if it detects a difference when it checks, then it changes back to what you want.

I am running Opmon, and so have not tried Cody's app, so I don't know how or whether his accounts for tower updates. If it doesn't already, then I'm sure he'll fix it. He's very good about getting his stuff working and tweaked quickly.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 01-07-2008, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
Opmon lets you set the time before it checks for changes. The problem is that the cell tower goes and updates your carrier line back to what your carrier wants, thus if you change the line, Sprint (or whoever your carrier is) changes it back. Opmon lets you specify how often to check for that change and if it detects a difference when it checks, then it changes back to what you want.

I am running Opmon, and so have not tried Cody's app, so I don't know how or whether his accounts for tower updates. If it doesn't already, then I'm sure he'll fix it. He's very good about getting his stuff working and tweaked quickly.
wel i didn't know about the opman program. sorry.

i am not trying to compete with anyone nor copy. i just wanted to share. the other day i wrote a little something to test a program tha ti am trying to update. see here... (post 70) ... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=150417&page=4

from the sounds of the other program i think my version may work better. what mine does is asks for the info you want to display. it then writes that to a spot in the registry that i created just for a storage spot. then every time you turn on your phone (wake from sleep) the program read the spot that i used for storage and quickly writes it to the carrier (operator) spot. yes the carrier is always changing everytime you go in or out of service, on off phone, ect. my idea should work pretty well and use no extra battery juice. really small and basic little app.

i dont even use it really. i just know there are so many people customizine there devices that i thought it would be cool to write. there was a guy asking to change the top bar where it said "start". this request made me post my little idea.

sorry, cody
Old 01-08-2008, 12:29 AM
CLD
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

CLD is a n00b
Awesome...works great on my P4000!! Thank you!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

choiranthony is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to choiranthony
Cody, thank you for the apps, both here and all over this site! yes, it is worth your time ... i honestly appreciate all the effort you put into helping me make my phone "all that". thank you.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D
Thanks for all your hard work Cody!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Q9c
Carrier: sprint

1oddmanout is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to 1oddmanout
Kinda like PocketFlashy, this is another cool app that has no answer to the question, "Why?" except, "Because we can!" PPCGeeks rule. Yes, thanks for the effort.

Works perfectly on Sprint 6700 running Kirvin's latest C&S.

Any way to change colors?

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php
Old 01-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TheDude1120 is keeping up the good workTheDude1120 is keeping up the good work
same thing

I have a Tmobile wing and I am also having the same issues as the others, the carrier name changes but then automatically resets it self and in order for me to get it back i have to place a call each time
Old 01-08-2008, 11:02 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1120 View Post
I have a Tmobile wing and I am also having the same issues as the others, the carrier name changes but then automatically resets it self and in order for me to get it back i have to place a call each time
hmmm, sounds like it is acting weird on the wing.

PEOPLE TRY THIS

instead of going in to the program or placing a call to get it to write agian. just push the power button once to put the device asleep and then 2 seconds later push the power button agian a wake the device.

this app is set to run everytime the device is woke up. this should work. i ran this app for 48 hours on my sprint touch and NEVER had a problem. hmmm.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLD View Post
Awesome...works great on my P4000!! Thank you!
thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by choiranthony View Post
Cody, thank you for the apps, both here and all over this site! yes, it is worth your time ... i honestly appreciate all the effort you put into helping me make my phone "all that". thank you.
thank you. reguardless of the bad posts. people like you are why i do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
Thanks for all your hard work Cody!
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oddmanout View Post

Any way to change colors?
no, sorry. now that would be cool. maybe i should say... not that i know of.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software