PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 02:04 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Dashwire 2.0 (Updated 6/24/08)

I'll echo that sentiment back to the good folks at Dashwire (in the Pacific Northwest of course...where all the cool people hang) for the continued improvements on their product and their support here at PPCGeeks.

late,
Coz
Old 06-24-2008, 02:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I guess I will have to chime in for the not 'quite as cool'-'but still hangin' out' North-Easterners!! Glad to help, and thrilled with the quality product and personal attention us users are given. Rarely have I seen a service at this level followed up on, and assisted with as personally as DashWire does!!

Thanks for everything!!

Old 06-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Lurker

CanonHD is a n00b

When you guys say that you will be concentrating on helping users bring content from the web down to the phone, what do you guys mean? Seems like so far Dashwire has been all about utilizing whats on your phone and bringing it TO the web. No we're goin the other way around??
Old 06-24-2008, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt, Touch
Carrier: ATT

Dashwire is keeping up the good workDashwire is keeping up the good work

The only thing we could really relate it to at this point is an RSS feed. Close but not quite. You'll see though, we've got some really cool stuff comin'.

Are you using the latest Dashwire Mobile client (http://m.dashwire.com)? Are you running WinMo 6.1 and want to try our latest release (http://m.dashwire.com/beta)?
Old 06-24-2008, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Some of you have heard/posted about our Dashwire Mobile 2.0 release. Just wanted to put out an official word on what we're doing and consolidate the info.

Today we released an updated mobile client (much of which was a result of feedback we’ve gotten on forums). The new Mobile Client is available now at http://m.dashwire.com from your mobile phone browser.

Up to this point Dashwire has mainly been focused on helping users bring their mobile phone’s content to the web. We make it easy to sync, manage, and back-up what’s on your phone. Starting with today’s release, we’ll increasingly be rolling out functionality that enables users to bring their content & experiences from the web instantly down to their phones. Here are the main components of our updated Mobile Client:

• Graphical UI experience featuring user avatar, status updates, & media gallery
• Mobile access to photos & videos stored online in your Dashwire account – even if the actual media files aren’t on your phone
• Photo uploads from your computer to your Dashwire web account – which then automatically appear on your phone
• Media editing, blogging and sharing with friends – on the go
• Direct mobile status updates to Facebook & Twitter
• Privacy controls & media publishing

Check out a video at: http://dashwire.com/tour/video-mobile.

For those of you who haven’t seen one of our million forum posts: our FREE service helps users sync the contacts, text messages, calls, photos, videos, and settings from their phones to the web, where they can backup their stuff, search & interact with their information, and share their experiences with friends and social sites.

Big thanks to all of our existing users for the attention and feedback you’ve given to our Dashwire solution. We hope our updated Mobile Client allows you to integrate your phone with the web in new and exciting ways. As always, you know where to find us.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Coz-erator
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashwire View Post
• Photo uploads from your computer to your Dashwire web account – which then automatically appear on your phone
How exactly do I do this? I don't see any function on my Dashboard which enables this?

Anyone?

late,
Coz
Old 06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

flipfone is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to flipfone Send a message via Yahoo to flipfone Send a message via Skype™ to flipfone
Smile Re: Dashwire 2.0 (Updated 6/24/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
How exactly do I do this? I don't see any function on my Dashboard which enables this?

Anyone?

late,
Coz
i believe if you go in and upload a picture from your pc to your account it will automatically sync to your phone.

mmm i guesss thats NOT what he meant. oops i stand corrected.

Last edited by flipfone; 06-25-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: ooops
Old 06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

Anyone?

late,
Coz

After you've downloaded the new mobile client (and your in auto sync), the photos should show up on the strip automatically. The functionality you're refering to (from computer to dashboard to phone) is actually coming next week so stay tuned.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

Anyone?

late,
Coz
I remember at one point wondering the same thing, but never got around to asking, +1 on this wuestion, I can't figure out how to do it either!!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Coz-erator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashwire View Post
After you've downloaded the new mobile client (and your in auto sync), the photos should show up on the strip automatically. The functionality you're refering to (from computer to dashboard to phone) is actually coming next week so stay tuned.
Most excellent! I don't know how long I spent trying to get the pc to dashwire/dashboard photo transfer to work

@Dashwire...will there be a new software release for mobile clients next week or will it just be an update to the Dashboard?

Thanks,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software