PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: where and how to get/make more icons?

I really can't tell what type of file Resco is reading, but there must be a folder with the files, either pngs, icos, or dlls.

Just about every program icon is from a dll, so you can't just drop a png or ico into a folder to change it. But you should be able to easily change an icon that's from a launcher, as long as you have the option to do so.

The icon sets I made are mainly used for launchers\UI's (user interface), such as SPB Mobile Shell, TouchFlo, etc. I use Ultimatelaunch which uses ico files (see first attached image). Other programs use png files directly. For some others such as TF3D you need to convert the files into the right format to use them (see second image).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ul001.jpg (157.5 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg tab002.jpg (81.0 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

mlevin77 is just getting started

Sorry, I looked more carefully and it turns out I was having a brain cramp when I posted. I'm using the tabbed launcher on the today screen called SPB Plus (v4), not Resco... I've found a bunch of icon sets as CABs on the SPB website, which I've installed to SD card onto my Imagio (HTC Whitestone running WM6.5 with touchscreen). When I choose "rename/change icon" for one of the items on my SPB Today screen tabs, I still only see the same small "standard", "SPB programs", and "Custom" sets that were there before. Any idea how I get to choose from among the icons that were in the sets I installed?

Mike
Old 01-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
Sorry, I looked more carefully and it turns out I was having a brain cramp when I posted. I'm using the tabbed launcher on the today screen called SPB Plus (v4), not Resco... among the icons that were in the sets I installed?
Ok, now we're on the same page

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevin77 View Post
I've found a bunch of icon sets as CABs on the SPB website, which I've installed to SD card onto my Imagio (HTC Whitestone running WM6.5 with touchscreen). When I choose "rename/change icon" for one of the items on my SPB Today screen tabs, I still only see the same small "standard", "SPB programs", and "Custom" sets that were there before. Any idea how I get to choose from among the icons that were in the sets I installed?
I don't know which icon sets you found, but they are probably for another SPB program, most likely Mobile Shell. I tried SPB Plus a long time ago. There was something about it I didn't like, can't remember. Anyway, I downloaded the trial version. From what I can tell the icons are located in .dat files. To add your own icons I'm guessing you'd first have to know if SPB Plus was written using VB or C++. Then you'd have to write the code for it to make your own .dat file. (I think I'm right about this, but I've been wrong before).

From using the settings in the program it appears you can only change the icons for the tabs, not individual programs. So it really wouldn't be worth all the trouble just so you could have 5 or 6 custom icons.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks