PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: MetroPCS

Zackemo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Cannot SuperCID Mogul with MTTY

Hello.

I recently acquired an HTC Mogul Pocket PC 6800.

I have installed Hard SPL 2.40 Olipro bootloader.

I am trying to SuperCID the phone to access NVM folder, for reasons which I cannot discuss to abide by the forum rules.

I have done this task on 3 other Mogul phones effortlessly and without problems.

Each of these other phones have been from either Sprint PCS or Verizon Wireless.

This latest phone is from US Cellular.

I have put the phone in Bootloader Mode, Disabled USB Connections in ActiveSync, plugged in the USB cable. The Device now reads USB on the Bootloader screen as it should.

In MTTY I have opened a new cmd page, choosing all default settings, and USB as the communication port.

I have been given the following list of commands to throw:
rtask a
echo_on
readCID
writeCID 00000000
readCID
retuoR
rtask c

This series of commands have never failed me until now.

I am getting stuck at the writeCID part.

I have read the CID to be USTI_001.
Then I writeCID 0000000. The command goes through.
Then when I readCID again, the CID is still USTI_001.

I was trying to troubleshoot this- for whatever reason, writeCID goes through but doesn't actually change the CID.

I read somewhere this may be related to the ROM I am using, and that it may not be compatible with SuperCIDing?
The ROM currently on the phone is whatever came with the US Cellular Moguls, stock ROM.

I am ultimately gonna be using a custom Sprint PCS ROM without HTC Guardian or any of the other Ad and Banner bullshit.

My plans are to use this phone on MetroPCS. I already have the ESN in Houdini, courtesy my local MetroFlash tech.

My other question regards PRL version - I was told PRL 2003, yet I cannot find MetroPCS 2003 PRL anywhere, even on Corolada PRL page, they only stock 2001.

By any chance might any of you happen to have one handy? Or any ideas on why I cannot SuperCID? If it is indeed the ROM, would switching to a Sprint Stock ROM or Sprint Customed Stock ROM be a possible solution, or a waste of time?

Also, I've never changed the ROM on the phone before, as the last 3 had stock ROMs for Sprint or Verizon, as I mentioned above.

I noticed during Olipro Bootloader setup, it mentioned something about
"If you plan to install custom rom, enter CTRL-C or exit now"...
would this have something to do with it? Or do I update the ROM after resetting to Olipro Hard SPL?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

~Zach
Vallejo CA.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evotastic
Carrier: Sprint

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Cannot SuperCID Mogul with MTTY

i think flashing an older sprint radio makes it eaiser to super cid.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zackemo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheel78 View Post
i think flashing an older sprint radio makes it eaiser to super cid.
Would that older radio be equipped upon installation of an original Sprint Stock ROM?

Last edited by Zackemo; 12-05-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:22 PM
VIP Member

scheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscheel78 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i always followed the instructions on this page mobile-files.com/forum/showpost.php?p=355534&postcount=82. i would do for the radio listed there
Old 12-05-2009, 08:26 PM
VIP Member

here is where can find the radio. forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25275
Old 12-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Zackemo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheel78 View Post
i always followed the instructions on this page mobile-files.com/forum/showpost.php?p=355534&postcount=82. i would do for the radio listed there
This is precisely the page I was following previous to posting here.

If you take a look at that page in the link you included, under SuperCIDing, step 13.

This is what's not happening.

I have read the prerequisites, and found out which Sprint Radio I need. See Step 1 under prerequisites. The trouble is, it also simply says "Install Sprint ROM" (included in Kit).

I have issues with this, as the "Kit" he mentions, and attaches, doesn't work. The link to it is broken/outdated, or has been removed; I get a 404 message when following it.

Hence I am now in a big circle. I need the Sprint ROM with Radio version 3.35. Which is why I figured I might ask here on these forums as well-

Again - Anyone who has a stock Sprint ROM for the HTC Mogul PPC6800- please share the wealth! I can't find it, (and yes I've searched Google )

I have a feeling this would solve my problem. The other question it leads me to ask, however, is this- Is there a version of a US Cellular ROM for the Mogul that has a radio version equivalent to this Sprint one? That is, could I keep the US Cellular ROM, but find one with a different Radio that is compatible with SuperCIDing? Anyone have technical background with this who could enlighten me on the whole Radio version thing and how it affects whether you can SuperCID or not?

And again, the PRL - 2003 or not? Anyone got it?
Old 12-05-2009, 08:50 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

did you look here
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Titan/CarrierRoms/
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks