PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 08:16 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Developing app for sms forwarding, missed call notification, auto-responding

I think it's iSecretary and that is an answering machine for your phone.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

MedOne is a n00b
Re: Developing app for sms forwarding, missed call notification, auto-responding

I love this idea, I have tried a couple of application to do the following and nothing can do it. I wok for a large hospital and all the outgoing calls start with the same prefix, lets say 565-XXXX. During the day, I receive calls from them but would like to set something up for after hours that would recognize the prefix, send out email/text and notify me. If it could do this, I could spend less time looking at my phone when it rings.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

That would be an awesome app.
And speaking of names, could name it something like "Awesome Phone App"....I would just love to somebody an app they made that.....
Old 08-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

mreastwood is a n00b

Would love to have an app like that. I love the idea and its good for people who are always in meetings like myself. Sometimes people don't like to leave v/m's. When do u think u will have beta for this program? I would love to test it out. Great idea put it down b4 someone else takes ur idea.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedOne View Post
I love this idea, I have tried a couple of application to do the following and nothing can do it. I wok for a large hospital and all the outgoing calls start with the same prefix, lets say 565-XXXX. During the day, I receive calls from them but would like to set something up for after hours that would recognize the prefix, send out email/text and notify me. If it could do this, I could spend less time looking at my phone when it rings.
Hmm, I never thought of detecting calls by prefix, i'll definitely add that in!

MedOne, can you give me a use case of how you'd like the program to work? I think I see where you're going with it but I want to be sure.

Here's what I think you mean:
1) You get off work and you don't want to look at your cell when it rings, unless it's the hospital, which is probably important.
2) If a missed call happens where the number is 565-xxxx, then send an email, or a text to a different cell phone than you use when you're not working.

So am I close?
Old 08-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

madman16420 is keeping up the good workmadman16420 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to madman16420

that sounds good would love to see that made

Old 08-21-2008, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a half-beta that I've been using on my phone for the past 2 months, it does the trick very well, but it's buggy.

I'm in the middle of a major refactoring right now, but it should be a lot more stable and a lot easier to add functionality down the road. I'm hoping to have that out in the next few weeks, but i'm going to be very busy with life for the next few months

As an aside, this application is shaping up to be worth actually selling (like for $10-$15), so I am thinking about how to do that. Don't worry, i'll hook up people who help me beta-test with free copies. But i'm stuck deciding between handling the payment infrastructure on my own via setting up a web site w/ google payments or paypal or something, or should I let handango or pocketgear handle that for me and take 40%?

Any other developers have any insight with this decision?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Do it yourself... I have a great cart that works with paypal that I can help you with. It let's you charge less because paypal doesn't take out nearly what handango does. You lose the advertising that handango MAY do for you, but with handago I've sold 5-6 items since February of this year. On my own site with virtually no advertisement I sell more than that each month.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 08-23-2008, 02:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

This is exactly what I need! Been having to use 2 diffrent apps to make this work. I'll be more than willing to be a beta tester. Let me know when you start rolling out the beta's. Thanks
Old 08-23-2008, 02:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Since interest in this project seems to be picking up, let's stoke the fire a bit.

In addition to the functionality mentioned previously, i'm adding the following:
-Remote administration via SMS (lookup contact info, current/next appointments, send SMS, toggle profiles, get GPS coords)
-Keyword responders - respond with canned text or execute a subset of the remote administration commands
-Low battery notification
-voicemail notification
-appointment reminder notification
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development