PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mtnbiker is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Display Problem with webBrowser in Visual C#

I am writing an application that creates and displays an html page in a webBrowser in a form using Visual C#. The page contains a table that is specified to be 440 pixels wide. When I display the page on my normal ROM (MightyROM 2/10), the page displays correctly. The entire table is displayed. However, when I run the same application on the stock Sprint ROM (with .net CF 3.5 installed), I get only half of the table displayed. To see the entire table, I have to scroll to the right. I lowered the table width to half of the screen resolution (240 pixels) and the entire table is displayed.

It seems to me, that a table with a width of 440 pixels should show the entire width if the screen is 480x800?

Does anyone have any ideas why the apparent screen resolution of the webBrowser control would be so different between the two ROMS? It is as if the stock ROM is not allowing the parent form to set the resolution correctly.

This is being built with Visual Studio 2008 (C#), .net CF 3.5. I am specifically attempting to build this for an HTC TP2. I may attempt to make it more generic later, but for now, I am only targeting a device with a resolution of 480x800 pixels.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: AVEA

vizier is a n00b
Re: Display Problem with webBrowser in Visual C#

This is due to a bug in .NET CF 3.5 and WM 6.5, when used together.

A hot-fix for .NET CF 3.5 is said to solve the problem. But I could not find a download location for this.

An alternative solution is to wrap the native HTML controls within a custom .NET control. This is probably trivial for experienced Win32/COM programmers, but not for me. So at the time beeing I am just investigating the situation and trying to implement this second solution.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mtnbiker is a n00b
Re: Display Problem with webBrowser in Visual C#

Thanks. I finally figured that out when I read your post and found the hotfix for .Net CF. When I installed it on the emulator, everything seems to work normally again. Now if I can just get the orientation stuff to work properly!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development