PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: blau.de

SciLor is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 6/2/10 SciLor's CameraAnyKey

Thank you for your post, so it seems to also work on your Touch Pro 2?

If you like my Software please consider to donate:
http://www.scilor.com/donate.html
Old 06-03-2010, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciLor View Post
Thank you for your post, so it seems to also work on your Touch Pro 2?
No problem, just figured I'd share the wealth with everyone on what I found.. =)

And yeah it works about 70% of the time which is fair enough for now lol...

Old 06-08-2010, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

SciLor has updated this, I'm gonna give it another test run and see how much more accurate it's getting... If you run it with success or failure please post your phones current setup so maybe we can pinpoint what exactly is needed to get it 100%...

Edit: It worked 10/10 times for me... I just was pressing the volume button once though, not holding it.. The camera would zoom in/out if I held down volume up/down but if I just pressed either volume button and let go right away, the camera would auto-zoom and snap the picture just as instructed... Seems to be working good now, hopefully you all have better luck now as well with the update...

Edit 2: Don't try to download the HD2 camera as some may suggest in other forums/threads, as it is incompatible with the TP2 and will not load upon trying to launch it "I was the guinea pig on this lol"

Last edited by JDM_SOHC; 06-08-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

speedracersdead is a n00b

Been trying to get this working on my TP2 for a few days now, but only get the volume screen when I press or hold either of the volume keys. After reading the xda forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=693433, I think I understand that I need to somehow update the HTC camera app on my TP2. I'm running Mr.X's latest 2.5 ROM, which is Camera version 6.17 build 37495.

On SciLor's homepage (http://www.scilor.com/leocameraanykey.html) it says "You may need a new version of your HTC Camera, following versions should work:
-v6.26 1922.1732 -v6.26.2012.1425". I'm having trouble finding any updates for the camera application for TP2. I have seen the Leo and a few other models posted, but am afraid it is not compatible because of drivers. Anyone know where I can find them?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracersdead View Post
Been trying to get this working on my TP2 for a few days now, but only get the volume screen when I press or hold either of the volume keys. After reading the xda forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=693433, I think I understand that I need to somehow update the HTC camera app on my TP2. I'm running Mr.X's latest 2.5 ROM, which is Camera version 6.17 build 37495.

On SciLor's homepage (http://www.scilor.com/leocameraanykey.html) it says "You may need a new version of your HTC Camera, following versions should work:
-v6.26 1922.1732 -v6.26.2012.1425". I'm having trouble finding any updates for the camera application for TP2. I have seen the Leo and a few other models posted, but am afraid it is not compatible because of drivers. Anyone know where I can find them?
That's the stock TP2 camera, we all have it... Did you do a soft reset after you installed the cab..??

Also, those cameras that you listed are for the HD2, read the post I wrote right above yours..
Old 06-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Lurker

Yes I did a soft reset. I reflashed yesterday, reset, installed scilor's cam and soft reset again. Same issue. It looks like scilor's app is almost able to take the control of the buttons (the camera starts to zoom or focus for a few miliseconds at most) and then the volume app superimposes the camera app. I was going to flash back to 6.5 stock, but I really am not going to rock that for a camera. I guess you have the same cam version?

Honestly I wouldn't mind just getting rid of the volume mapping for a finger style one, as I use volume profiles 99% of the time. But I don't know if it's possible to remove that key mapping.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Try just tapping the volume button and not holding it, I noticed when I held it that it would do that semi-zoom and than the volume would pop up but if I just tapped the button it worked almost every single time...

-1000th post WOOOHOOOOO VIP STATUS FINALLY- <~~~ lol, well VIP once the system does an update...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Lurker

I get the same results tapping or holding. Even tried another soft reset. Got bigger fish to fry...will check back on the threads later. Thanks for trying to help.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

No problem man, hope all works out for ya =)
Old 07-29-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

ive tried dling the zip and cab but both are corrupt... I also dled pocketrar and that didnt help.... any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software