PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > TP Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 02:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Re: Best Browsers for WM

Iris is the best browser around, just don't have 4 intensive tabs open
Old 02-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia
Carrier: Verizon

pheonix991 is a n00b

Opera 10 beta
Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch HD
Carrier: Vinaphone

anhphe076 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to anhphe076 Send a message via Skype™ to anhphe076
Opera Mobile 10 beta 3 for Windows Mobile phones

Old 02-12-2010, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: TBaytel

Vxixz is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Vxixz

I personally like UC mobile browser, its fast ...REALLY FAST, only thing about it i find is some roms glitch out certin features of it. For example on NFSF's 1.03b build after about 10 minutes of consistant use i get a timeout error when connecting to websites which requires a quick restart of the browser to fix. Just tiny things like that

But, runnings NFSF's rom i just use his custom opera builds. Never had a problem quick and stable
Old 02-13-2010, 04:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 powered by PLUTONIUM
Carrier: Sprint - SERO baby

krautdog is becoming a great contributor

Hey Vxixz, I really appreciate the recommendation for UC Browser, I set it up last night and have been using it since and really like it. Everything takes a little getting used to especially after using other things for so long (Opera) but setting it up the way I wanted kind of served that purpose for me and I am already used to it and liking it very much. BTW I am using Ski-Rom and don't have any glitches...if there is anything that maybe isn't quite right, it is that on some selection clickable tabs (such as choosing to remember logins, wish to overwrite favorite already in memory, etc...) the yes/no text doesn't show up on the button, it just has the little square that shows up when a software can't display text correctly. I see this as very minor, as common sense and experience tells me that "yes" is usually the top box, and "no" would be the bottom. I like the way it handles the whole favorite sites process, with the default home page being very functional, and it also has a great little file explorer built in. Of course it doesn't have near the functionality of a full-on file explorer (such as Resco which is my choice) but is very handy for simple things if you don't have your full-on file explorer open and you are already in UC Browser and is very fast also, just as UC is also very fast in its intended purpose as you have said. I am very happy with it and have locked it in as my default browser. It supposedly handles flash video also although I haven't tried this out yet. Thank you very much for the tip! I love PPCGeeks!
-krautdog
Old 02-18-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: TBaytel

Vxixz is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Vxixz

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautdog View Post
Hey Vxixz, I really appreciate the recommendation for UC Browser, I set it up last night and have been using it since and really like it. Everything takes a little getting used to especially after using other things for so long (Opera) but setting it up the way I wanted kind of served that purpose for me and I am already used to it and liking it very much. BTW I am using Ski-Rom and don't have any glitches...if there is anything that maybe isn't quite right, it is that on some selection clickable tabs (such as choosing to remember logins, wish to overwrite favorite already in memory, etc...) the yes/no text doesn't show up on the button, it just has the little square that shows up when a software can't display text correctly. I see this as very minor, as common sense and experience tells me that "yes" is usually the top box, and "no" would be the bottom. I like the way it handles the whole favorite sites process, with the default home page being very functional, and it also has a great little file explorer built in. Of course it doesn't have near the functionality of a full-on file explorer (such as Resco which is my choice) but is very handy for simple things if you don't have your full-on file explorer open and you are already in UC Browser and is very fast also, just as UC is also very fast in its intended purpose as you have said. I am very happy with it and have locked it in as my default browser. It supposedly handles flash video also although I haven't tried this out yet. Thank you very much for the tip! I love PPCGeeks!
-krautdog

Glad i could help , ditto love ppcgeeks!!!
Don't forget to hit THANKS if i helped!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b

I love opera 10 beta 3 but it's too bugggy for me i can't get skyfire to connect to my metro internet. Ie blows some monkey cawk and opera 9.7 is the most stable go to browser when in doubt opera 9.7.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

gratefultyler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargratefultyler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargratefultyler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
Skyfire
+1. Skyfire. Once you set it up, it's great. Opera 10, even though they took off the tag, acts like beta.

...and I'm going to have fun my last day on Earth!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 powered by PLUTONIUM
Carrier: Sprint - SERO baby

krautdog is becoming a great contributor

Well I just fired up Skyfire for the first time in a long while, and boy it does seem really fast. I don't know though, it just doesn't really look that good. I wonder if it's still just basically a QVGA program that's been rigged to fit VGA screens?
Old 06-07-2010, 01:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

degger is a n00b

Skyfire is what i use on my tp

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > TP Themes & Software