PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: Bluetooth Icon from Touch Pro

OK so here's where I'm at with this whole deal here. I've resized the messaging icons from the touch-pro thread we've been referencing, those are correct now. Thanx to mikee4fun the bluetooth, 1x and ev icons are correct. However, as you can see in my previous screen i can't get the percentage above the battery to display properly, although when its plugged in and charging the plug displays right I also have a few oversized icons that i don't know what .dll they're in. if you look at the following screens, you can see the properly displayed plug, The oversized icons are as follows, the "person" "system" and "connections" icons under settings and the "screen" "sip" "bluetooth" and "hibernate" icons under quick menu. check em out. Also my wait cursor is still huge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen09.jpg (12.9 KB, 195 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen10.jpg (18.8 KB, 145 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen11.jpg (16.0 KB, 128 views) Click for barcode!
Don't forget to hit the

Last edited by Lylej2k; 11-21-2008 at 01:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Geek'n it Up

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok, i think i've found a fix for the icons that are too big in my start menu. they're in the shellres.96.dll.

Here's the kicker, i extracted the icons and found the ones i need to change, however, there's 2 different sizes in each one 64x64 and 32x32. I'm assuming that the 64x64 are the ones in the Programs and/or Settings page and the 32x32 are the ones that would be in the start menu (quick menu only normal start is fine.) which do i resize and which should get deleted? Again I'm assuming here, but i would assume resize the 32x32 to 16x16 and delete the 32x32 or do you delete the 64x64? I'm completely new to the skinning and resizing of icons so some insight would be nice.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff

Can one of you guys post the original tapres.96.dll. I never made a copy of it.
thanks!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
ok, i think i've found a fix for the icons that are too big in my start menu. they're in the shellres.96.dll.

Here's the kicker, i extracted the icons and found the ones i need to change, however, there's 2 different sizes in each one 64x64 and 32x32. I'm assuming that the 64x64 are the ones in the Programs and/or Settings page and the 32x32 are the ones that would be in the start menu (quick menu only normal start is fine.) which do i resize and which should get deleted? Again I'm assuming here, but i would assume resize the 32x32 to 16x16 and delete the 32x32 or do you delete the 64x64? I'm completely new to the skinning and resizing of icons so some insight would be nice.
Well I have a nice icon set. I will post it for you. Copy it to the windows root and soft reset.

Cheers,

Mikee
Attached Files
File Type: zip shellres.96.zip (131.4 KB, 40 views) Click for barcode!
If I helped you, please hit the button.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:00 PM
VIP Member

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by froader View Post
Can one of you guys post the original tapres.96.dll. I never made a copy of it.
thanks!
This one has the alternate EV 1X Text without the box. Try it your gonna like it. I don't have the stock one at the moment.

Cheers,

Mikee
Attached Files
File Type: zip tapres.96.zip (13.4 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Geek'n it Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
Well I have a nice icon set. I will post it for you. Copy it to the windows root and soft reset.

Cheers,

Mikee
screenshot of your icons? or i can just take the plunge and find out..... lol can always go back...

Last edited by Lylej2k; 11-21-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
screenshot of your icons? or i can just take the plunge and find out..... lol can always go back...
Took me forever to find. I had a post with screen shots from quite a while ago. They are not my icons, they are abusalza's from XDA. Not all Icons are changed, but it sure looks nicer.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=738

Last edited by mikee4fun; 11-21-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Geek'n it Up

Well I tried it and it doesn't really jive with my setup, so I'm back to where I was. lol thanx though
Old 11-21-2008, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Well I tried it and it doesn't really jive with my setup, so I'm back to where I was. lol thanx though
NO Problem
Old 11-21-2008, 10:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post

Cheers,

Mikee

You wouldn't happen to have the original would you? When I installed this one it "ate" my signal icon and volume icon as well as my start icon...lol

Accepted NOT Expected

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development