PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

I think it needs lots of pictures

Rushed through it, but looks pretty good to me! Quality work, as always.

There are tools to help create help files...let me know if you need me to find one for you.

(.rtf is Rich Text Format...I'm sure your favorite editor supports it...you can add coloring/fonts/pictures)
Old 08-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude9039u View Post
Thank you for helping everyone new to this. I tried to get get help but was not able to receive help from guys and just had to try and figure things out on my own. I wish someone like you woudl have come foward a long time ago and helped out like you did.
Sorry to hear that. We're almost always available in the chat rooms. If #ppcgeeks isn't working for you, try #ppckitchen (type /join #ppckitchen" while in chat to join #ppckitchen)

GA Medic, you might want to add a section on how to get help...after you've searched and read. And maybe a basic troubleshooting guide.

Last edited by gguruusa; 08-04-2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Thanks for the sugestions. I did put several screenshots in last night. I will try and make some of the other changes later.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:44 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Excellent work GA!! This should help out a lot of people!!!=D>
Old 08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

Nice writeup. I always like your thorough and helpful answers to questions. Usually they help me understand stuff better, even if I already have a fair grasp of it.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
Excellent work GA!! This should help out a lot of people!!!=D>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtao View Post
Nice writeup. I always like your thorough and helpful answers to questions. Usually they help me understand stuff better, even if I already have a fair grasp of it.
Thank you both for your kind words. I am open to any input that anyone has to make the guide better so don't hesitate to suggest improvements.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul PPC 6800

DDavis90 is a n00b

Ga. Medic this is great almost to easy for a noob like me...but once I try to run the new ROM on my phone it freezes on the last splash screen. Are there certain requirements that I have to have when creating a ROM?Just a little more help and I think I'm golden. thanks.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDavis90 View Post
Ga. Medic this is great almost to easy for a noob like me...but once I try to run the new ROM on my phone it freezes on the last splash screen. Are there certain requirements that I have to have when creating a ROM?Just a little more help and I think I'm golden. thanks.
If it was your first ROM don't forget to take the battery out for a minute then put it in and do a hard reset (2 soft keys and reset at the same time). If that doesn't work then you may have a ROM that it too large. Build again, select less and try again.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Somehow I've managed to go all this time without ever cooking my own ROM. Today was slow at work so I had a go but when the RUU started, it said it couldn't find the cooked ROM and exited.

edit: I'm pretty sure it's my fault. My work sets the computers up so that "Documents and Settings" is on a remote drive and the kitchen saves there but I guess the RUU can't access it. Any way to change the directory where all of this takes place?

edit 2: Well, I just moved the whole output folder to the desktop and the cooked ROM was (theoretically) still in it. I'm running the RUU now and if it doesn't work I will just mess with it at home later.

Last edited by neodorian; 08-05-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

Sorry I as at work myself so I didn't see your question. The best thing to do if you are gonna flash at work is carry along a SD card to flash with.

To flash with a SD card

1. Card has to be 2gb or less in order to work.
2. Has to be formatted to fat32. To format place the card in a reader and insert reader in your PC. Find the drive that contains the card. Right click the drive and select format. Under file syatem select fat32. Hit start. Once the format is complete the card is ready to use.
3. Place the file you wish to flash on the SD card. Rename the file to TITAIMG.nbh.
4. Remove the card from the card reader and insert it into your device.
5. On your device press the power, camers and reset buttons at the same for approx. 2 seconds. You will have a grey screen that ask you to press power button to begin. The flash will take around a minute or so. Once the screen reads update complete you need to press reset and the flash should be complete. If you are flashing a radio the device will boot up normal. If you flashed a ROM the phone needs to be hard reset. Press the two soft keys on the front of the device (below the send/end keys) and at the same time press reset.

You can cook a ROM and do the flash with a cable or you can cook the ROM and pull the RUU_signed.nbh out of the kitchen and flash your phone using the SD method.To locate the file that you need from the kitchen go to C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.2.7Temp and select the file titled RUU_signed.nbh. That is the file you need to place on the SD card to flash.

I will add this information to the tutorial.

Last edited by GaMedic; 08-05-2008 at 07:24 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development