PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Complete explanation on official/custom ROMs and how to do it.

It's definitely not a paper weight.

The reason it's like that depends on what you did.

You can not mix and match certain "radio" versions with certain "unlockers" and "ROMs."

State what you used exactly, which unlocker, radio (if you know) and rom.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

DAMBRO24 is a n00b

This Is Priceless Thasnk You Very Much
Old 05-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

deftones064 is a n00b

yeah I realized that I didn't flash the new radio to the device, thus the lockup.

Anyway, took the phone back to the store and got a no questions asked replacement, before I realized the error of my ways.

Already flashed a DCD 2.1.0 and the 3.27 radio and it is running wonderfully. Even got the GPS up and running with google maps.

Thanks for your response. I think I found a new hobby to replace my TiVo hacking addiction.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Threadstarter

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Sorry you had problems, but i am glad to hear you had a no questions asked exchange!

Yah this little device is pretty bad ***, i'm really enjoying it too. Make sure to check out the nue2chems thread as there is a lot of info going on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deftones064 View Post
yeah I realized that I didn't flash the new radio to the device, thus the lockup.

Anyway, took the phone back to the store and got a no questions asked replacement, before I realized the error of my ways.

Already flashed a DCD 2.1.0 and the 3.27 radio and it is running wonderfully. Even got the GPS up and running with google maps.

Thanks for your response. I think I found a new hobby to replace my TiVo hacking addiction.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Threadstarter

updated

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I don't have a Titan anymore, but your advice is spot on... Should be made into a sticky!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Threadstarter

Thanks BD07. I always try to write it from my perspective as a newbie. So as to help others out. GA Medic also has a kick *** one.

The thing is we just gotta try our best to help and hopefully it's useful!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Exactly.. GA Medic's is the best I have ever read, but you have a very good one here.. Writing from the perspective is key... Why use technical terms if the person you are writing it for doesn't know what it is...
Old 11-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Threadstarter

Yah, it's like I tell people, "Sure this foreign language i'm speaking may not be 100% correct, but what's important is that you understand what I mean." Yet they still complain! haha
Old 11-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Big MVP Diesel

haha... I try to focus on the threads with no replies or easy help posts.. I think I am addicted to getting What ever it takes to help a fellow PPC Geek. No task is too hard, too trivial, too noob-ish to help with.. If I don't know, I at least try to help point them in the right direction.. This guide will be on that list of destinations..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development