PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon xv6800

westonkennedy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck Trying to Install New Sprint ROM

I can't seem to get out of my install loop hell...I have tried to install the latest Sprint ROM on my Verizon XV6800, but I keep getting the error 294 - Invalid Provider ID.

I have tried to reload stock Verizon ROM, I have tried to relock using Titan Relocker, I have tried to make mods since I am using Vista not XP, and I feel like a host of other things. I can usually get back to Stock Verizon ROM, and even relock, but whenever I try to install 3.35.651.2 for the Titan...but still same error.

I have read and searched and read some more. I have flashed and unflashed and flashed and no luck getting past the error.

Might I get a few clues to get my past my impasse?
Old 04-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Stuck Trying to Install New Sprint ROM

i cant remember if its the sprint rom or most of the custom roms, but a lot of them have disclaimers saying only to use on XP. i recommend finding a buddy that has XP, or 'upgrading' (IMO) to XP. a lot of the ROMs and stuff on this site is only compatible with XP. its a lot easier and more efficient on too.

i believe you also have to flash a custom ROM with the radio. good luck !
Old 04-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by westonkennedy View Post
I can't seem to get out of my install loop hell...I have tried to install the latest Sprint ROM on my Verizon XV6800, but I keep getting the error 294 - Invalid Provider ID.

I have tried to reload stock Verizon ROM, I have tried to relock using Titan Relocker, I have tried to make mods since I am using Vista not XP, and I feel like a host of other things. I can usually get back to Stock Verizon ROM, and even relock, but whenever I try to install 3.35.651.2 for the Titan...but still same error.

I have read and searched and read some more. I have flashed and unflashed and flashed and no luck getting past the error.

Might I get a few clues to get my past my impasse?
It sounds like you have not successfully installed the Olipro 2.40 hard-SPL unlocked bootloader before attempting to flash the Sprint 3.35 ROM. Installing the Olipro 2.40 hard-SPL requires that you allow both portions to complete; the first executes in a DOS window, the second is a RUU flash. You must also follow the on-screen instructions and unplug and re-connect the phone when instructed.

Remember, if you get to that point, do not allow the Sprint customizations to run since you are on Verizon.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

westonkennedy is a n00b

Indeed it was the 2.4 bootloader that did the trick, thanks much. Now I'm working my way through custom ROM's and tweaking. Looks like days of fun ahead of me. And there is of course the hope I can actually get the phone to work on the Verizon network again when I am done with all that...
Old 04-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

westonkennedy is a n00b

New problem. I have the custom ROM installed, but I can't seem to get any of the functions of my phone to work. It shows signal, but I can't make or receive calls. I have tried *228 since its Verizon, but when I do it changes my MSID to a different number.

So I've tried a number of things but can't get the phone to function...without help I think I will have to either go back to Stock ROM or call Verizon and tell them I did a hard reset and things aren't working.

Any thoughts / suggestions?
Old 04-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thats a known issue with VZW. usually calling them to get a new AKey will fix it. then just make sure you write all the info down from EPST before flashing again and you will be good.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

westonkennedy is a n00b

OK, so what do I do, call them and say I did a hard reset or something like that, or do I say yeah I need a new A Key? What is the best way to resolve with them?
Old 04-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ya just tell them you hard reset and the stuff got hosed for some reason. shouldnt be a problem for them.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

westonkennedy is a n00b

Great, of course I have to wait until they are open tomorrow.

Will I need to do this with every subsequent ROM replacement, or only once since I have done such a large upgrade?
Old 04-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

well if you write all the info down for all your EPST data and stuff, wont need to call them again. depending on what you flash, it "might" change those settings. not sure if AKey can be added if it gets hosed or you need a new one each time; i'm on sprint myself. might check the threads on Verizon stuff.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development