PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132689)

JohnnyOnTheSpot 09-02-2010 03:48 PM

Re: Official Samsung Battery Performance Talk

Any Epic SetCPU users, do you have any good configurations? I'm not sure how to set it, and my battery life is garbage.

madoc 09-02-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot (Post 1933018)
Any Epic SetCPU users, do you have any good configurations? I'm not sure how to set it, and my battery life is garbage.

I just installed and have it set to the "on demand" setting. 1000 max, 200 min.
Will report back after a full day tomorrow.

Did you already have it installed and in use?

JohnnyOnTheSpot 09-02-2010 11:20 PM

It's been running all day today, and it was fully dead by 5 (off the charger at 10:30). I barely used it, plus it was in airplane mode for an hour.

valdor21 09-03-2010 02:19 AM

Epic Battery Life!!!

I've been playing around with my epic the last few days.. and i've noticed the battery last for a very long time.. i come from having a evo, tp2, and a tp and i'm extremely impressed with my Epic's battery life

for example today i left my 4g, wifi, bluetooth, and gps enabled for about 14 hours heavy to mild usage throughout the day.. and my phone never died.. matter a fact eventually after talking on the phone for about 2 hours it beeped saying my battery was about to die and i talked for another 40minutes before i hung up the call and charged my phone

but on the negative side it literally takes hours for my battery to charge to full

i'm curious about everyone elses battery life experiences so far i'm extremely impressed

revaaron 09-03-2010 03:51 AM

Re: Epic Battery Life!!!

I am not. I took it off the charger at 7am and it was showing lowness at later on in the day, found a microUSB cable. at 7pm it gave me a "fully charged" message. I took it off the charger and went to a concert from 9pm to 1am with some surfing/reviews in between bands then got to my radio station at 2am and by 2:30am it was yelling at me about the battery being low. BTW: I have everything turned off except for the phone, 3G, and push mail from my exchange account.

dumpringz 09-03-2010 09:44 AM

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

so far I'm good with the life of it .. time will tell. I've yet to install any apps so maybe that's part

littlefreak 09-03-2010 02:13 PM

My battery isnt do so well... Waiting for a 1750 extended...

Unknown Zone 09-03-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valdor21 (Post 1933546)
....but on the negative side it literally takes hours for my battery to charge to full

i'm curious about everyone elses battery life experiences so far i'm extremely impressed

It seems to be pretty good....I have a "black" wallpaper which helps a little on the battery life since "black" uses little to no power from the Samoled screen.

But I agree....it takes a very very long time to reach full charge...and I have everything turned off....gps/sync...etc.

madoc 09-03-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madoc (Post 1933289)
I just installed and have it set to the "on demand" setting. 1000 max, 200 min.
Will report back after a full day tomorrow.

So, in the A.M., phone would not wake up. SetCpu settings were the culprit. Emailed dev, he said you should use the "conservative" setting only on the Galaxy S models for now.

I'm going to flash a custom ROM tonight, hopefully that - plus a better working SetCpu will provide some acceptable battery life.

Johnny.Bravo 09-04-2010 01:53 AM

I figured out how to make my battery last all day and all night.

I bought a second micro usb cable and I took it to work. When my battery starts getting low I plug it into my computer at work and charge the battery.

I also have a car charger in my truck.

If need be I'll buy a solar charger and wear it on my head.

I love this phone and I'll do whatever it takes to keep it running all day!