PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 07:32 AM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
There is no other launcher. Your options are to first install the new launcher and activate it. Then delete the launcher2.apk from the system/apps via root explorer or abd. You can also make the changes prior to flashing within the zip itself. Then reflash. This Rom doesn't delete your data so you could install right over top.

You can also click Thanks over at XDA in mammon88's tread. He put a ton of hard work into this thing and deserves all the credit.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:09 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v2.0.4(Froyo DK28) NEW base/New Market (SUPER FAST) 12/11/201

Flashing right now. I understand that I'm not supposed to restore data with clockwork, but how about Titanium? Does restoring apps/data with Titanium Backup cause any problems?

EDIT: I just flashed the ROM and used TB to restore everything. So far so good. Thanks!

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 12-12-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:34 AM
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v2.0.5(Froyo DK28) NEW base/New Market (SUPER FAST) 12/11/201

How about an AOSP lock screen? I have one I can install with clockwork but I'm not sure its compatible.

EDIT: Never mind...I installed the one I have and it works fine.

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 12-12-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:40 AM
ptfdmedic

Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v2.0.5(Froyo DK28) NEW base/New Market (SUPER FAST) 12/11/201

I have updated midNIGHT rom to v 2.0.5. This fixes the missing Account and Sync settings as well various other tweaks. Thanks to mammon88 for the update zip. I customized the update zip to address issues specific to my ROM. The update is available in the 2nd post as an attachment. I will upload a full ROM later today. I just wanted to address the issues right away....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:42 AM
ptfdmedic

The AOSP lockscreen is still broken. That's why it isn't included. I prefer it as well. It will revert back to the Samsung lockscreen randomly when you have an unread text. As soon as it is fixed I will be included.......

Old 12-12-2010, 09:46 AM
nous défions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
The AOSP lockscreen is still broken. That's why it isn't included. I prefer it as well. It will revert back to the Samsung lockscreen randomly when you have an unread text. As soon as it is fixed I will be included.......

I installed this one and it works fine. This is a custom AOSP lockscreen I got from Timberwolf.

Speaking of TW, he has a themed LauncherPro that I want to install over your ROM, but you didn't include the stock Launcher, so I can't uninstall your LauncherPro. Can you please post the apk to reinstall the stock Android Launcher?
Attached Files
File Type: zip AOSP_Lockscreen.zip (136.0 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-12-2010, 09:48 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Flashing right now. I understand that I'm not supposed to restore data with clockwork, but how about Titanium? Does restoring apps/data with Titanium Backup cause any problems?

EDIT: I just flashed the ROM and used TB to restore everything. So far so good. Thanks!
I think the rule of thumb is not to restore system apps. I wouldn't restore anything between builds ie. Dk17 to Duke 28. But honestly I have restored data without problems via Titanium. From a developer stand point though if you have bugs with the ROM and restored data/Lapps we really can't help cause we don't know he cause. Make sense?

Thanks for the feedback and update...be sure to upgrade to v2.0.5 because you will have problems if you don't.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:52 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
I installed this one and it works fine. This is a custom AOSP lockscreen I got from Timberwolf.

Speaking of TW, he has a themed LauncherPro that I want to install over your ROM, but you didn't include the stock Launcher, so I can't uninstall your LauncherPro. Can you please post the apk to reinstall the stock Android Launcher?
Unless it's new you will have the problem eventually. It worked for me for a while but then reverted back. Noone to my knowledge has fixed it yet. Maybe buggy is a better word then broken. I'll post and update zip for the two stuff....

Old 12-12-2010, 09:58 AM
nous défions

Quote:
Unless it's new you will have the problem eventually. It worked for me for a while but then reverted back. Noone to my knowledge has fixed it yet. Maybe buggy is a better work then broken.
I've been running his ROM with it for about a week and no problems, but it was his ROM, so who knows what he did inside to make the AOSP lock screen work. I just flashed your ROM this morning. I'll post some feedback as to how its working in a day or two.

Quote:
I'll post and update zip for the two stuff...
Thanks.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:04 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

About to give this a run.....one question though.....is the size increase mms added in this.....if not would you mind....thx for the work...will post back results after I play a bit....heard good things from Darren about this rom...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development