PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: midNIGHT ROM v2.0.6 (Froyo DK28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Yes I can confirm the TW restore works. I have used it twice now. Flash with clockwork.
+1 thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Old 12-16-2010, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks VIP

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Wierd I just had this happen to me this morning on 2.0.5, it was doing it when plugged into my girls bb charger, powered down and rebooted, problem persisted so I removed power and it was back to normal. If I use the stock charger no problem. Must be a wierd charger thing?

Sent from my Epic 4g powered by ptfdmedic's midNIGHT Froyo, Emotionless Beast themed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathleprechaun View Post
Is it my phones screen or froyo?

My screen is freaking out... When I am typing it will randomly select other keys.
When I am on the home screen it will sometimes act like I am pinching and zoom out the screens.
If I am sliding my finger looking for apps it will select apps and basically "freak out"

I did have an invisibleshield protector and took it off thinking that was the issue, but it was not.
I noticed it a little when I flashed from the stock rom to the leaked froyo rom. But it was not this bad.

Is my phones screen going bad? or should I jump back to eclair?
Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: So when I unplug my phone it gets better.... hmmm that means my phone might be messed up physically...
Sent from my Epic 4g powered by ptfdmedic's midNIGHT Froyo, Emotionless Beast themed!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:50 PM
ptfdmedic

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.6(Froyo DK28) GINGERBREAD KEYBOARD/AOSP LOCKSCREEN FIXED 12/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblack View Post
you're updating it already? wow too soon... I just downloaded this rom about an hour ago.. so what happens when you update.. will I be required to start all over...again wiping and flashing?
No one said you have to flash it. I just share the builds I'm using. Also you CAN just flash over 2.0.6 or 2.0.5. You shouldn't lose any data. If you have problems then you might want to wipe and reflash. I have upgraded without problems. So not really a big deal. These are all DK28 builds and so nothing is really that important that you have to upgrade...I do this to decompress and I wanted to just post what I'm doing. That all
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks VIP

Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.6(Froyo DK28) GINGERBREAD KEYBOARD/AOSP LOCKSCREEN FIXED 12/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfdmedic View Post
No one said you have to flash it. I just share the builds I'm using. Also you CAN just flash over 2.0.6 or 2.0.5. You shouldn't lose any data. If you have problems then you might want to wipe and reflash. I have upgraded without problems. So not really a big deal. These are all DK28 builds and so nothing is really that important that you have to upgrade...I do this to decompress and I wanted to just post what I'm doing. That all
Very true! Thanks for all that you do, its much appreciated.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:23 PM
ptfdmedic

Re: [ROM] midNIGHT v2.0.7(Froyo DK28) Nexus S Goodies 12/16/10

ROM is up. Let me know what you think.....
Old 12-16-2010, 11:28 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'll be flashing this first thing in the morning. Thanks!
Old 12-16-2010, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks VIP

Quote:
ROM is up. Let me know what you think.....
Dlin now, thanks

Sent from my Epic 4g powered by EE Froyo, Emotionless Beast themed!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:29 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Flashed 2.0.7 update, and I can confirm that you don not need to wipe data if you are just upgrading from a previous version of this ROM. I just flashed over it and it works great. Boot up animation rocks! But I have one question.

Quote:
Enabled Setup Screen (This will auto restore your phone. very nice for flash junkies like me )
What does that mean, and how do I use it?

Thanks again! Awesome job as usual.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:50 AM
ptfdmedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Flashed 2.0.7 update, and I can confirm that you don not need to wipe data if you are just upgrading from a previous version of this ROM. I just flashed over it and it works great. Boot up animation rocks! But I have one question.

What does that mean, and how do I use it?

Thanks again! Awesome job as usual.
You know when you sign into you gmail account for the first time after boot? It tells you google can backup your data for automatic restore. This is the restore part. When you first clean boot (after wiping data and flashing ROM) you will be greeted with the startup wizard. You sign in to gmail right away and after you are signed in your phone automatically restores itself (wallpaper, app ect). It save a tone of time and effort.You don't really have to do anything... I'm not sure why more people don't enable this feature in their roms....

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development