PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2010, 06:39 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: **Baked Snack 1.3 Hero_Over Rom**1.3 ghz overclock %100 Working!! FAAST..

I flashed this ROM and some parts I liked and some others I didnt. If there was an option to go back to some stock stuff, now that would be nice. Like the stock icons in the applications. I like the clean stock look myself. The ROM is indeed fast, but just a little too much skinning for me. Good work tho.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1
Carrier: Sprint

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work

Installed this ROM yesterday and I am loving it. This was actually my first custom ROM since I got my phone a week ago. Took a while to learn the curves of Android & Flashing since I was coming from a TP2 WM Phone. Only Sprint app I miss is SprintTV. Great work on this ROM and yes the battery and overclocking is amazing.

dja2k
Old 10-13-2010, 02:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul

nosmohtac is becoming a great contributor

This ROM is great. The only thing I've noticed so far, and it's kind of irritating is, I don't have the letter scroll bar on the right side in contacts, that makes scrolling through contacts so much faster.
Is it just missing on mine and I need to reflash, or is this missing on anyone elses?

My mistake..... the alphabet bar on the right is present in the contacts app, it just didn't show up when trying to add a contact from an sms I received.

Last edited by nosmohtac; 10-13-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work

Hey is anyone using TwLauncher and seeing random "the application TwLanucher has stopped unexpectedly" messages? It does restart itself which is a good thing.

dja2k
Old 10-13-2010, 08:12 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Threadstarter

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
I flashed this ROM and some parts I liked and some others I didnt. If there was an option to go back to some stock stuff, now that would be nice. Like the stock icons in the applications. I like the clean stock look myself. The ROM is indeed fast, but just a little too much skinning for me. Good work tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2k View Post
Installed this ROM yesterday and I am loving it. This was actually my first custom ROM since I got my phone a week ago. Took a while to learn the curves of Android & Flashing since I was coming from a TP2 WM Phone. Only Sprint app I miss is SprintTV. Great work on this ROM and yes the battery and overclocking is amazing.

dja2k
Guys, I have all the stock Sprint apps like Sprint tv, navigation, etc.
You can download them from my dropbox here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7523892/Apps.zip
Enjoy!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 10-13-2010 at 08:17 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

Ok, I've installed this twice now. Both times were from "bone stock". Did the multiple wipes, etc. It seems to work just fine EXCEPT that when I try to do anything at all within adb shell or term, I get, "permission denied". At first I thought there was something wrong, but apparently he's locked us out. No biggie, I guess.

The file I downloaded says it's v 1.3 but in the "about" list in the phone it says 1.2 Typo maybe?? Anyway, so far, so good otherwise. All of the rooted apps work except Titanium which I've never had much luck with. I'm not crazy about the transparent screens, etc. but also not a biggie. It seems to work up to 1.3 GHz for me so far.....
Old 10-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

For some reason, all of the OCed kernels makes my epic freeze only fixable by pulling out the battery... anyone else have this issue?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Looking into getting an Epic moving from My TP2 since WP7 wont be for sprint for a while I am getting itchy to switch to android. I like the Samsung over the Evo for the Screen.

I heard that with the stock rom they removed the ability to video out to RCA through the 3.5mm jack that is available in other galaxy s phones... Can this be correct via a custom rom like this? Can anyone test or confirm the Video out through 3.5MM like TP2?
Old 10-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Looking into getting an Epic moving from My TP2 since WP7 wont be for sprint for a while I am getting itchy to switch to android. I like the Samsung over the Evo for the Screen.

I heard that with the stock rom they removed the ability to video out to RCA through the 3.5mm jack that is available in other galaxy s phones... Can this be correct via a custom rom like this? Can anyone test or confirm the Video out through 3.5MM like TP2?
To answer your question, not as of yet but samsung did promise us that and devs are sure to be working on those as we speak.

also I like epic or evo due to sheer processing power as well as graphics + the Super Amoled which is just EPIC!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff
Just flashed this morning, and it runs sooo much better than stock. No bugs as of yet, except right after initial boot when the auto-backlight was flashing intermittently. But this issue hasn't come back since then, so its still freakin schweet!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development