PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Smartphone News (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   ITC finds HTC guilty of 2 Apple patents (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145751)

Dr.8820 07-15-2011 07:03 PM

ITC finds HTC guilty of 2 Apple patents

Read more here
FOSS Patents: ITC judge finds HTC in infringement of two Apple patents

Riley 07-15-2011 07:14 PM

Re: ITC finds HTC guilty of 2 Apple patents

Wow, looks pretty bad for HTC and Android. Thanks for posting.

guitardoc64 07-15-2011 07:38 PM

Thanks for posting that doc. I think that Android/HTC are giving Apple a scare with the literally thousands of new Android activations every day.

rainfreak 07-16-2011 01:38 AM

Yeah, I tipped PPCG on this story but doubt that it will ever become a news article on this site. Apple 1, HTC 0.

gTen 07-16-2011 02:02 AM

Apple is such a patent troll >.>..I mean a patent on recognizing phone numbers? and real-time processing of applications...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 2128588)
Yeah, I tipped PPCG on this story but doubt that it will ever become a news article on this site. Apple 1, HTC 0.

I am sure it will be published..I don't see why not...That said Motorola is already on the case for getting those patents invalidated anyways :/

saibot 07-16-2011 03:44 AM

Quote:

Actually it's not over yet. The ruling is not final and there is still the issue of patents which Apple has infringed on. This could go bad for Apple considering that HTC has been making phones with the features Apple claims were infringed on years before the iPhone existed.

Find it highly unlikely that HTC will be banned from importing phones into the US. HTC was never a "0" considering they've made a consistently better product than Apple. Apple hasn't won any of it's frivolous lawsuits yet. And the Apple vs. HTC stories have always been articles on this site so your conspiracy theory is ridiculous.

mlin 07-16-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

It's more of an apple v Google story. Apple just goes after HTC because they're smaller. However, with giants like Google and Microsoft involved it won't be an easy battle.

Apple's patents are bull shit. These are features that were present in wm6 but not patented. Ridiculous.

Anyhow, can't wait til apple tries to patent the android notification system then sue Google.

tapa tapa tapa

gTen 07-16-2011 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 2128614)
It's more of an apple v Google story. Apple just goes after HTC because they're smaller. However, with giants like Google and Microsoft involved it won't be an easy battle.

Apple's patents are bull shit. These are features that were present in wm6 but not patented. Ridiculous.

Anyhow, can't wait til apple tries to patent the android notification system then sue Google.

tapa tapa tapa

Well its actually 1 for Apple and 1 for HTC...see HTC is buying S3 Graphics...and coincidentally the ITC has found that Apple is violating 2 patents of S3 Graphics...so if Apple bans all HTC devices...HTC will just ban all iphone/ipads and mac devices...so end of the day they are most likely cross license each others patents and call it a day.

PPCFreak 07-16-2011 10:53 AM

so do you think HTC went after S3 just to get a couple of Patents that Apple needs just for this case?

Would make perfect sense..... hhhhmmmmmm.

Dr.8820 07-17-2011 01:09 AM

This whole thing is about to get really ugly if Apple wins against Motorola and Samsung...no way, IMHO, that they license to HTC, Moto, or Sammy. Apple seems hell bent on destroying Android, which is why Nokia went with WP7, even Microsoft is getting paid off Android. Read more here http://fosspatents.blogspot.com/2011...infringes.html