PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17289; U; en))

posting from the mobile site.

i really like it. great job frosty.
question. can you make the banner on top clickable and lead to the forums? thanks
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
5. Everyone who thanks my post will receive instant karma!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
MordyT is right.

Last edited by MordyT; 09-16-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (xv6800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; VZW; UTStar-XV6800; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional

Very Nice!

suggestions:

1) put it in the dropdown view box, so people can find it now that you took away the other mobile views..

2) might tweak the default setting to show more posts/threads/replys I would think 15 per would be a good start less page loads that way. and with 3 replys as the default it takes forever to veiw even a small thread (and many page loads) as well instead of going "back" 20 times people will go to the new posts link (higher server load).

3) there seems to be no "thanks" or any of the other post "accessories", reply with quote, signatures etc. these would be nice but in the end are not dealbreakers (thanks is the one that will lead to post banter. ie: "thanks!", "use the thanks button", "what thanks button" etc).

While I haven't tested everything yet, do downloads of attachments work?

This really looks like a keeper! I am stoked!

Thank You Mindfrost, Mike, and every/any one who helped pull this together!

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 09-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: New Mobile Style - WiForums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17289; U; en))

posting from the mobile site.

i really like it. great job frosty.
question. can you make the banner on top clickable and lead to the forums? thanks
I'll see what I can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
Wirelessly posted (xv6800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; VZW; UTStar-XV6800; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional

Very Nice!

suggestions:

1) put it in the dropdown view box, so people can find it now that you took away the other mobile views..

2) might tweak the default setting to show more posts/threads/replys I would think 15 per would be a good start less page loads that way. and with 3 replys as the default it takes forever to veiw even a small thread (and many page loads) as well instead of going "back" 20 times people will go to the new posts link (higher server load).

3) there seems to be no "thanks" or any of the other post "accessories", reply with quote, signatures etc. these would be nice but in the end are not dealbreakers (thanks is the one that will lead to post banter. ie: "thanks!", "use the thanks button", "what thanks button" etc).

While I haven't tested everything yet, do downloads of attachments work?

This really looks like a keeper! I am stoked!

Thank You Mindfrost, Mike, and every/any one who helped pull this together!
1) I can't put it in the dropdown box since its not actually a style like the other versions were. This is more like an "add-on" application, therefore it has its own URL. I'll see if I can add a note about it somewhere (like how HowardForums has it in the upper right).

2) I haven't really messed around with it much yet. I'll see if its a config option or if I have to edit the PHP files.

3) Same as #2, since its not templates like vBulletin is, I would have to see if I can hack it apart to add those extra features. I think its good not to have sigs in the mobile version since they take up so much space.

...about downloads...they're supposed to work I believe, but when we tested it last night we were just getting a blank white page, so I'll have to look into that.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Oldguy

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Thanks for the reply!

I also just tested downloads, and they work, sort of...

You get a file called "getDownload.asp" I believe this is the actual file but renamed (I should have tested all the way).

And on the sigs, wouldn't the images still be striped since it's in the mobile view? Sigs are no dealbreaker, worry about the bigger picture first man!

And a link for "wap version" or something would work fine. I thought you would be able to incorporate a http link in the style dropdown but no big deal there...

Keep up the great work!

Thanks again!
Mike

Last edited by nuguy; 09-16-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Oldguy

eh, edit isn't working...

I just tried to edit my post above (..getDownload.asp to .php)

Everything seemed to work, but the post remains the same...

'Cause I know you need to know...
Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

For the number of posts/threads per page, you can change that in your "My Prefs" section...

Thread Options and Post Options
Old 09-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:

Where do you even see an option to edit a post? I don't see that anywhere.

I'm not sure why you keep getting asp prompts when everything is PHP.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com

MordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the communityMordyT is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82
Quote:

Where do you even see an option to edit a post? I don't see that anywhere.

I'm not sure why you keep getting asp prompts when everything is PHP.
i have the option to edit....lol i did on my post about 5 posts up and it worked
Old 09-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordyT View Post

i have the option to edit....lol i did on my post about 5 posts up and it worked
Now how can you edit but an admin can't? lol

I guess atleast it worked for you.

Can you try downloading an attachment from somewhere and see if it works?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Retired Staff-MordyT.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Now how can you edit but an admin can't? lol

I guess atleast it worked for you.

Can you try downloading an attachment from somewhere and see if it works?
sure, i'll try and post back. i got to a real computer so give me a minute...

as for why i can edit? becuase i'm special

i'll post a screenshot when i get home (i use mymobiler to take screenshots)

EDIT: Can we get a multi qoute for wap. PLEASE. i had to make like 3 posts after each other...lol

EDIT2: cant get attachments. got a blank white screen

Last edited by MordyT; 09-16-2009 at 05:29 PM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements