PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Advertising Has Changed Once More!

You guys are doing a good job about keeping the ads under control... I don't mind them on this site.
However... I will not run Pandora or Slacker on my home PC on any other browser than Google chrome with ad blocker. I don't care if anyone considers it stealing. I consider it an invasion of my screen's realestate. It gets ridiculous when you can see more on your phone than you can on your computer screen. Pandora without adblocker might as well be addora.
I am on this site from my work pc and have no access to chrome. I use exploder and the ads are just fine.
@ ALL add supported websites... You want to keep making money? gind a way to keep the ads out of consumers faces and over to the side or at the top of the page like this site does.
p.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i never really thought much about something like this... I guess i always used IE w/o blockers anyways, because i always remember ads on here...

Switched to FireFox lately and after reading this realized, i never see ads anymore... Just wanted to say i just changed my settings, as to not block PPCG anymore...

Sorry, just never really crossed my mind
Old 12-14-2010, 05:48 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i never really thought much about something like this... I guess i always used IE w/o blockers anyways, because i always remember ads on here...

Switched to FireFox lately and after reading this realized, i never see ads anymore... Just wanted to say i just changed my settings, as to not block PPCG anymore...

Sorry, just never really crossed my mind
hey we appreciate it! Feel free to spread the word to disable adblock on our site, it helps pay out bills!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

As always, PM me if you have issues with Ads

PLEASE note the URL the ad leads to. The picture/content wont help us determine whose ad it is and how to remove it!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

OK, so I'm not usually one to comment on things like advertising and what not. I mean, we all gotta do what we all gotta do to make ends meet, but... This new big ass banner at the bottom of the screen that pops up EVERY TIME I CHANGE PAGES OR REFRESH A PAGE!!! You've got to be kidding me. Is PPCGeeks hurting that bad that you need to put us through this agony for the extra buck? Can I donate somewhere and then have this add removed on my acct. or something like that? I'm mean seriously.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

This site's definitely not dependent on it's income so that's not the reason the ad's change The company of the ad's are the one's tweaking and changing things but I'm sure your concerns are taken into consideration.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:18 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Thank you Courtney1985 for your thoughts on this matter! We know you have the best interests of the community in mind!!

Old 02-28-2011, 01:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

everytime i open a new thread or page it pops up the ad at the bottom of the page... im logged in and everything
Old 02-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
OK, so I'm not usually one to comment on things like advertising and what not. I mean, we all gotta do what we all gotta do to make ends meet, but... This new big ass banner at the bottom of the screen that pops up EVERY TIME I CHANGE PAGES OR REFRESH A PAGE!!! You've got to be kidding me. Is PPCGeeks hurting that bad that you need to put us through this agony for the extra buck? Can I donate somewhere and then have this add removed on my acct. or something like that? I'm mean seriously.
+1!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/site-comme...ck-banner.html

Old 02-28-2011, 03:05 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

We will get it fixed..sorry.
~Mike

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/site-comme...ml#post2062462

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements