PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Headphones No Longer Detected

I'm experiencing yet another bug (early adopter's dilemma!).

This morning, on my walk to the bus stop, I put on my headphones and started up Pandora. After a few seconds, I started thinking, "Wow, the sound is all muffled." Then I realized that no sound was coming from the headphones, it was blasting from the phone's speaker instead (quiet street, early morning...nice).

What is odd is that the headset is not detected at all. I tried pulling out the headphones and then plugging them back in. Nothing.

Found a temporary fix over in the Sprint forums. Apparently it is not hardware related. It's a software bug. I sure hope this is part of the patch HTC released to Sprint cause this is one of the things I was most happy with (the ability to leave my ZEN at home and use the built-in 3.5mm jack).

Anyway, here's the Sprint forum link:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/22977

They recommend installing a Headset Toggle Widget found here:

http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset/

The widget allows you to manually toggle the headphone jack on or off.

The app isn't in the Android Market, so you'll have to install it manually. That can be done using HTC Sync or I've heard there are apps available in the Market that will do the same.

Hit me with some THANKS!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:21 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Re: Headphones No Longer Detected

Thanks, I was ready to TEP exchange... Hell I'm still under my 30days LOL. Saved me the trip.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:36 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercado79 View Post
I'm experiencing yet another bug (early adopter's dilemma!).

This morning, on my walk to the bus stop, I put on my headphones and started up Pandora. After a few seconds, I started thinking, "Wow, the sound is all muffled." Then I realized that no sound was coming from the headphones, it was blasting from the phone's speaker instead (quiet street, early morning...nice).

What is odd is that the headset is not detected at all. I tried pulling out the headphones and then plugging them back in. Nothing.

Found a temporary fix over in the Sprint forums. Apparently it is not hardware related. It's a software bug. I sure hope this is part of the patch HTC released to Sprint cause this is one of the things I was most happy with (the ability to leave my ZEN at home and use the built-in 3.5mm jack).

Anyway, here's the Sprint forum link:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/22977

They recommend installing a Headset Toggle Widget found here:

http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset/

The widget allows you to manually toggle the headphone jack on or off.

The app isn't in the Android Market, so you'll have to install it manually. That can be done using HTC Sync or I've heard there are apps available in the Market that will do the same.
Thanked and link added to tips tricks thread.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thought I'd update this to say that I rooted my phone last night and then installed the MoDaCo v 1.1 ROM posted on XDA. Now my headphones are working again. We'll see if that sticks.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=581846
Old 11-12-2009, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm not willing to test this out, but if it's true, well... the cause of this bug has been discovered.

Quote:
.....make sure your not powering on your phone while they are pluged in that is a known bug that it wont detect them
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...37&postcount=2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero w/Touch Pro on the bench

MILH0U5E is keeping up the good workMILH0U5E is keeping up the good work

I have been using the ear plugs that came with my TP (mini usb) and they just stopped working today.

I have rooted my phone and running Modaco, but they STOPPED working today. Haven't tried the 3.5 jack, as I don't have ear buds that I can use to talk as well.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dagnasty is keeping up the good workdagnasty is keeping up the good work

Yes i believe it is a software bug and not a problem with the hardware. Make sure if you reset your phone, you unplug your headphones until it is finished booting. There is also an app called Headphone Toggle or something similar that you can use to toggle headphones on or off. I dont think it is on the market but is available on Google Code
Old 11-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Spring

aeroterp is a n00b

I had the same issue. Turns out that if your headphones are plugged in when you restart/power on the phone, they won't be detected automatically. There are 2 fixes for this:
1. Unplug your headphones, then restart the phone and plug back in.
2. Download ToggleHeadset app from Android Market.

Edit: I didn't read the message above before I posted. But, I'm going to leave it anyway in case mine is clearer.

Last edited by aeroterp; 11-12-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Already covered in topic.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor

How does it sound for when you plug it in to an aux plug like in the car? Does it produce stereo sound or is it mono? Since almost all new cars now have an aux input. Just was wondering how it sounds in the car.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:14 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconig78 View Post
How does it sound for when you plug it in to an aux plug like in the car? Does it produce stereo sound or is it mono? Since almost all new cars now have an aux input. Just was wondering how it sounds in the car.
Mine sounds incredible! Much better than my Treo Pro was.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Tags
headphones, hero