PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
{CAB & HOW TO} Remove Top Curtain & Carrier Network Text By Editing Mode9

I originally posted a cab here to do this, but the file that i am replacing has SO many things tied to it. its called the Home.mode9

So i am leaving the cab up, but should only be installed if you have Juicy R2 ROM and Max Manila. Nothing More or Less, or you might get an error.

GO TO 2ND POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON EDITING THE MODE 9 FILE YOURSELF TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO ERRORS.

Keep in Mind: by learning the How To in Post 2 you will be able to change ANYTHING in the manila. its very simple to chage and edit images. mode9 and lua are 2 other types of manila and they can be a little tricky BUY powerful

Attached Files
File Type: cab BiGnAdAd Sense-RemoveCarrier-TopBar.cab (96.8 KB, 752 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bignadad; 11-12-2009 at 07:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {Sense/Manila 2.5 Edit} Remove Top Curtain & Carrier Network

Get Manila Files off Your Phone
a. connect your tp2 via activesync, browse contents of device and navigate to the root folder then to windows folder. BE PATIENT it will take a minute or two because of all the system files. once it opens, set your view to details, and sort by "Type". scroll down until you see the type "File". you will then see the file names that look like this *******_manila (pictured below)

b. click the first manila file you see. use your scroll to scroll down to the last manila file you see. press and hold the shift key and click that last file with you mouse. this should select all manila files on your device. should be around 1200.

c. now copy those selected files (DO NOT CUT) and place them in the folder on the desktop. in the tp2 files folder.

Get Mode9 Editor Ready to Edit

A. Get Current Manila Files off Phone
Visit my Post here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88077

B. Download M9 Editor 3.3.0.1 from this post (got from xda site)

C. Extract M9 Editor into Folder / Run m9editor.exe

D. Select the folder you have your current manila files in / Program will Load and Files will be analyzed.

E. look at the bottom left pane, and sort by "filename", Then scroll down until you see 7c60907d_manila

F. Double Click the File to Load in Windows Above.

G. Now, right click the mode9 file in upper window and click expand - this will expand all possible trees.

REMOVE CARRIER NETWORK & LOGO

A. Scroll down to "TitleBar"

b. Here you will see the Following Objects
Home Title Bar - the top curtain
Carrier Network - says verizon wireless/sprint/etc...
Operator Logo - the Logo (default maybe visble=false)

C. Remove Top Curtain by changing HomeTitleBar "size value" height to "0"
*as shown above*

D. Remove "Carrier Network text" by changing Carrier Network "size value" height to "0"
*as shown above*
Attached Files
File Type: zip M9Editor.zip (1.01 MB, 218 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bignadad; 12-22-2009 at 11:48 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2 / hero
Carrier: sprint

dmb60614 is keeping up the good workdmb60614 is keeping up the good work

this is not working for me. i am using juicy's r2 and Max Manila 2.519202525 Ultimate - v2.5.cab. when i install the cab for this, there is a white square near the left side of the clock and the max manila stuff does not work. i dont think i have any other home screen manilla edits.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb60614 View Post
this is not working for me. i am using juicy's r2 and Max Manila 2.519202525 Ultimate - v2.5.cab. when i install the cab for this, there is a white square near the left side of the clock and the max manila stuff does not work. i dont think i have any other home screen manilla edits.
i have updated to show how to do this yourself Error Free!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

here you go. font i am using... one is for JUST TF3D, the other is for TF3D and Windows

Last edited by bignadad; 11-13-2009 at 07:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ipaq 910c
Carrier: Movistar

Actors is a n00b
Re: {CAB & HOW TO} Remove Top Curtain & Carrier Network Text By Editing Mode9

Thanks for your works!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can remove botton curtain... and changa background of the weather movie.?
Old 11-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actors View Post
Thanks for your works!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can remove botton curtain...
Transparent Bottom Curtain for Slider

Quote:
and change background of the weather movie.?
HDWall, HTC Sense 2.5 + HDWall + Max Manila
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Ipaq 910c
Carrier: Movistar

Actors is a n00b

Thanks again, but how can I remove the botton curtain editing ****.manila with m9editor?

I want to learn

Sorry for my english.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks again, but how can I remove the botton curtain editing ****.manila with m9editor?

I want to learn

Sorry for my english.
Not sure exactly.....is not on the home screen mode9 file
its somewhere else...

BUT on a manila edit for an Image, like bottom curtain, its usually easier to RIP the PNG with CFC GUI editor, and just change the picture file yourself. its easier to do that than editing mode9

here is my How To for Manila Image Editing. i made this with the stock manila 2.1, so some references might be different
Edit your TF3D Manila Images to Have Exactly the Design You Want

there is a manila editor update you can get here and use the same How TO
CFC GUI .60.35 - THE Manila/TF3D Image Editor
Old 11-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the cab didn't work for me running juicy r2 and max manilla but the mode9 editing did the trick....
now I just have to figure out how to get hdwalls playing nice with everything else...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software