PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
{BiGnAdAd How To} Rearrange Your Manila 2.1 Home Screen..And Any Other Manila Screen!

Hello Again....

I have been using the M9Editor to play around with values in the mode9 files in the manila. these mode 9 files cannot be opened in a manila editor. they actually dont even show up in the editor.
there is also Lua Script in there with the manila, and im trying to figure it out now......
I did all this by just changing x/y coordinates in the mode9 file. it is a little tricky to figure out where you are going with it, buy after some trial and error its not that bad.

YOU CAN BASICALLY MOVE ANYTHING YOU WANT ON ANY MANILA PAGE!

ALSO...Everything on my Home Screen is still functional. Missed Calls, Datebook, Click clock to get to clock settings (which can be removed), click alarm clock for settings, EVERYTHING STILL WORKS FINE! NO BUGS

Quick Note - Your mode9 file might look different from mine. x/y coordinates might be different and refrences as well. i am using a Verizon TP 2. i have installed no manila cabs to my phone, EXCEPT FOR HDWALL. everytihng else i have done, i have done myself by editing the manila. so if you have installed manila edit cabs, then your manila files might look different from mine. this HOW TO still should be able to give you a good idea how to do what you want to do. it just might not be step by step.

KEEP IN MIND
this mode9 file that we are editing is repsponsible for missed call, voicemail, and datebook & EVERYTING on home screen. it is possible to edit something in the mode9 file and it the disrupt something you werent even editing. so just BE CAREFUL....
ALSO, landscape mode can be affected by this HOW TO.

RECOMMEND
all you really have to do is make a BACKUP of the mode9 file you are working with. that way if something screws up it will be a quick fix! as long as you backup there should never be a reason to have to HARD RESET.....

TIP
This is ALOT about trial and error. you put a value/coordinate in and the you want to see how it looks.
Quick way to do get edited mode9 file to phone to test
Once you save the file in mode9 editor, have the folder with your current manila you are editing and the windows directory on your TP2 OPEN. when you save the file in mode9 wait for it to save, then drag that manila file to windows directory on phone.
THEN scroll over to setting on TF3d and Customize TAbs, make any change and click ok, and TF3D Restarts!!!!
once it restarts you can see your change.

Get Mode9 Editor Ready to Edit

A. Get Current Manila Files off Phone
Visit my Post here - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88077

B. Download M9 Editor 3.3.0.1 from this post (got from xda site)

C. Extract M9 Editor into Folder / Run m9editor.exe

D. Select the folder you have your current manila files in / Program will Load and Files will be analyzed.

E. look at the bottom left pane, and sort by "manila name", Then scroll down until you see home.mode9 (THIS IS THE 1c684cd8_manila - this is the name of file in windows directory)

F. Double Click the File to Load in Windows Above.

G. Now, right click the mode9 file in upper window and click expand - this will expand all possible trees.

H. you will want to look around and get a feel for the layout. i will post a layout in the 2nd Post of this thread soon.

THE BOLD UNDERLINED HEADS UNDER HERE TAKE OFF WHERE THE ABOVE TURORIAL LEAVES OFF.
I Will also be referring to the "Instance Name Vaules" to scroll to after each heading.
*You can search for anything, such as an instance name value, by using find box at upper right corner.

REMOVE CARRIER NETWORK & LOGO

A. Scroll down to "TitleBar"

b. Here you will see the Following Objects
Home Title Bar - the actual top curtain
Carrier Network - says verizon wireless/sprint/etc...
Operator Logo - Duh!
Home Zone - ?

C. Remove Carrier Netork by right clicking the <object> and click delete.

D. Remove Logo by setting a visible value to False
To do that, just right click the <Object>Type="GLESSprite2D" and click insert. then select property.

E. Type "Visile" in Far Left Yellow Box, then it will give you a check box, but leave it unchecked.

F. Thats it! should look like this

MOVE ALARM CLOCK AND DATE

*TIP
X Cooridinates Move Horizontal (Left Right)
Y Coordinates Move Vertial (Up Down)
- You can also go Negative or Postive. Sometime you might make a change and nothing happens. the range only goes so far. sometimes even off the screen!

A. Scroll down to "alarm_clock"

Each object controls seperate thing
AlarmClockOn - Icon (on)
AlarmClcokOff - Icon (off)
AlarmTime - ("Alarm Off" Text / Alarm Time)
Date - Date

B. Directly Under that you will see PosX, PosY
you will need to modify these to get the postion you want.
KEEP IN MIND
when you edit the x/y directly under that it moves both date and alarm clock, because they are in the same group. to edit individually you need to go under the <object> itself.

C. You Can modify both to get where you want it to be.

This is What i have mine Set To

OR YOU CAN SWITCH EVERYTHING!!!
MOVING CLOCK IS NEXT ON HOW TO LIST....

Attached Files
File Type: zip m9editor 3.3.0.1.zip (1.01 MB, 209 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by bignadad; 11-13-2009 at 08:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {How To} Rearrange Your TF3D 2.1 Manila Home Screen..And Any Other Manila Screen

under construction.........
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: {How To} Rearrange Your TF3D 2.1 Manila Home Screen..And Any Other Manila Screen

Nice!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

rsmiley0 is a n00b
Re: {How To} Rearrange Your TF3D Manila Home Screen..And Any Other Manila Screen Too!

Very interested. Got a link to M9Editor as well?

Thanks
Old 10-28-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

silverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: {How To} Rearrange Your TF3D Manila Home Screen..And Any Other Manila Screen Too!

i have been playing with this program a lot lately, mostly to modify the VZW TP2 home tab

the luac files are a lot more complicated and IMO are best left untouched.

m9editor:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=464984
Old 10-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkorn View Post
the luac files are a lot more complicated
yes they are. i have successfully decompiled, edited and reassembled one though. haven't gotten that far, but will look at soon.
really cant wait to get my hands on the new 2.5 manila and start editing it.

Will post this HOW TO a little bit later........
Old 10-28-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

losplatanos is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to losplatanos Send a message via MSN to losplatanos Send a message via Yahoo to losplatanos

wow nice to make more room to show those nice backfrounds
Old 10-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

nice work...

so +1 and a bump for more detailed instructions...

However, I'd like to add that a powerful tool in the hands of someone that MIGHT not be so knowledgeable...might be bad news...

so I would suggest a lengthy do so at your own risk disclaimer in your post...PLUS...a reminder to back up files and refer to hard reset threads in case someone botches any editing.

ps: Would love to be able to link OTHER programs to default manila files ie Nitrogen linked ot the music tab

Old 10-29-2009, 03:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work

Bignadad great post, just following your lead brother would love to do this, and that analog clock lol.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

where did u get those taskbar icons..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software