PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2007, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

nmeister is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WkTask

Saw this over on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=330855&page=2

English version: http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask_en.html

Here is the original japanese page: http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask.html -> Screenshots

Its obviously a japanese program, but someone over there has taken the time to translate the essential parts to english. Its really small and fast, and so far I havent had any problems. The settings dialog is mostly in english, except for the tab names themself. The 5th tab is where you can add program exclusions either by app or window title (make sure to add phone and activesync). I figure if more people know about it, there is a better chance the guy doing the translating could find some help. so far it is my favorite task manager because unlike HTC 1.5, it makes the start bar act like the task bar on a windows desktop. From within any program, you can just click on the icon in the smart bar (kind of like magic button). I would like the HTC one just as well if I could figure out a way to access its task switcher without having to be on the today screen.

edit: Download the cab from the link in the third post. Someone suggested we not post the cab here so that the author gets credit for the download.

Last edited by nmeister; 10-01-2007 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
Thumbs up

Nice app, thanks
Old 09-30-2007, 03:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
WkTASK Best Taskmanager so far

Its Japanese lite application translated in engilsh by XDA developers uses only 60kb amazing highly recommended.
Finally I go to close Icontact and commanager easily

for more info visit http://soft.photoracer.net/docs/wktask_en.html

Download

Last edited by poorlyduck; 10-02-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
this app looks cool... but it seems like you would need a good amount of room up top to show more than like 2-3 tasks... now if this app did it by showing the app icon up there then id be all for it... i think wisebar advanced does that... that app annoys me tho, and eats ram like zombies eat brain...
Old 09-30-2007, 05:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

poorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuffpoorlyduck knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to poorlyduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
this app looks cool... but it seems like you would need a good amount of room up top to show more than like 2-3 tasks... now if this app did it by showing the app icon up there then id be all for it... i think wisebar advanced does that... that app annoys me tho, and eats ram like zombies eat brain...
Actually you can change the offset of the titles in the top, you can have the titles all the way from the left covering the start menu button to all the way to the right covering the clock, since I installed it I didnt drop under 22.37 MB, X button was killing my ram, also there is nothing that this task manager doesnt close even icontact that I always had to go to memaid to actually close it for good, Overall I love this program and I believe nothing else like it around so far.

Last edited by poorlyduck; 09-30-2007 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

nmeister is a n00b
the title bar shortcuts actually get smaller when more apps are open, they don't continue to show the full title. the app launcher it has looks like a really cool feature too. I didn't notice it before in the 70% translated version, but now in the full english version it looks really useful.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fablife is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmeister View Post
the title bar shortcuts actually get smaller when more apps are open, they don't continue to show the full title. the app launcher it has looks like a really cool feature too. I didn't notice it before in the 70% translated version, but now in the full english version it looks really useful.
I tried installing this 3 times and could not get the translation to work (font showing as boxes)
Can you point me to the full english version?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:22 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by fablife View Post
I tried installing this 3 times and could not get the translation to work (font showing as boxes)
Can you point me to the full english version?
Try the download in the third post. I am liking this so far, thanks for posting
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC6800

bingcrosby is just getting started
official link to CAB

the author made an english version which is currently 1.0.0.1 and works amazingly well. i was just trying to figure out which version of x-button was best on my mogul and this has solved all my woes.

please don't post the cab here so that the author gets the credit he deserves for writing such an elegant and useful piece of software!

edit: see post #3 for the link

Last edited by bingcrosby; 10-01-2007 at 02:35 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Bing that link was already posted in post #3

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software