PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GFXBoost works on Touch Pro 2 (Sprint at least)

Hey guys, I would assume some of you have already knew or even tried to put GFXBoost on the TP2 to fix the 2D rendering speed problem.

Credit goes to Chainfire on XDA, the post is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=509704

So what is it? Well in a shell this little service tricks the MSM7xxx series processor, which Touch Pro 2 uses, to enable the qTV technology, which is what Qualcomm uses to accelerate the 2D rendering process but, HTC was too cheap to license it to the whole OS. Thus, the qTV is enabled through out the whole OS so the slow rendering such as pop up menu and media players such as SlingPlayer is the least of your concern.

Before I installed the GFXBoost, my SlingPlayer was doing the slideshow at no more than 2 frames-per-second. After it, average out at 25 fps. Also the menus seems much more smoother too.

So for those whom are wondering, the GFXBoost does work on the TP2, at least on my Sprint Touch Pro 2.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Re: GFXBoost works on Touch Pro 2 (Sprint at least)

if you head into the drivers discussion I use neo's drivers and gfxboost for optimum performance. Seeing I can't cook it in a rom...yet
I would like to though
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
if you head into the drivers discussion I use neo's drivers and gfxboost for optimum performance. Seeing I can't cook it in a rom...yet
I would like to though
Ahh, the Neo's 3D Driver? Thanks for the tip anyway!
Old 09-08-2009, 04:32 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

So does these to together take care of are 3d and 2d driver problem??
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
So does these to together take care of are 3d and 2d driver problem??
As far as I can tell, the GFXBoost helps the 2D rendering issue, as for 3D... well I don't think so.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

redz1234 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to redz1234 Send a message via MSN to redz1234 Send a message via Yahoo to redz1234

Thats wiked. I'm going to try this on my Telus TP2 when I get home from work.

- ReDz

PPC History >> Axim X5, Axim X3, Axim X3i, PPC6700, HTC Titan, HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 09-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Which is better? Neo or At0mAng 3d drivers?
Old 09-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Which is better? Neo or At0mAng 3d drivers?
The Neo and the At0mAng drivers are designed for the 3D rendering part. What this does is the 2D part. It's different.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
The Neo and the At0mAng drivers are designed for the 3D rendering part. What this does is the 2D part. It's different.

Yeah, didn't mean to hijack your thread. but since Noir used a combination pack, I was wondering which of those were better
Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Yeah, didn't mean to hijack your thread. but since Noir used a combination pack, I was wondering which of those were better
It's all good dude, I haven't found that Neo driver as matter of fact lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2