PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Telus

h311boy is keeping up the good workh311boy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[[EncFiltLog.menc]] Files can be recovered!!!

K guys. So I can guess that some may have come across a problem where all of the sudden your storage card files disappear. You go to ppc file explorer - empty. You check the memory usage - its loaded (for me 2.5/4gb). So this happened to me tonight, and I was pretty mad, because I did not back up my storage card. I did some research and found that the only way to recover the card is to format it. I really didn't like the idea of that, and for other reasons, loaded up in linux ubuntu 9.04. Guess what. I saw (and was able to back up) all of my files. Mow i am not a programmer, so i have no clue what was played the trick, but this may be a stepping stone to solving this problem for good.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:45 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: [[EncFiltLog.menc]] Files can be recovered!!!

Hmmm...I personally have never had this problem. Can't say I have heard anyone else talk about it either.Glad you were able to recover your files. Sounds like you may have a bad card. I would format it and see how it goes but you may be better of just buying yourself a new one.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

scrawnyb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by h311boy View Post
K guys. So I can guess that some may have come across a problem where all of the sudden your storage card files disappear.
By chance, are you using a ROM that has the option to use it as a "Storage Device" instead of ActiveSync?

If so, that's most likely the problem. I had it happen twice using a ROM that supported such, and when I switched to one that is ActiveSync only, I haven't had problems since.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Another possibility that would explain this situation is that somehow your storage card files got Encrypted. Try looking at...

Start > Settings > System > Encryption

And, make sure the box is UNchecked.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

h311boy is keeping up the good workh311boy is keeping up the good work

Yah. that was the problem. thanks for all the replies
Old 12-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Dual
Carrier: Cyta

ace30 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by h311boy View Post
K guys. So I can guess that some may have come across a problem where all of the sudden your storage card files disappear. You go to ppc file explorer - empty. You check the memory usage - its loaded (for me 2.5/4gb). So this happened to me tonight, and I was pretty mad, because I did not back up my storage card. I did some research and found that the only way to recover the card is to format it. I really didn't like the idea of that, and for other reasons, loaded up in linux ubuntu 9.04. Guess what. I saw (and was able to back up) all of my files. Mow i am not a programmer, so i have no clue what was played the trick, but this may be a stepping stone to solving this problem for good.

This also worked with me but Ubuntu did not recover all the files stored on card.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue