PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
streaming media on skyfire

Ok so I have been trying to use Skyfire for the last hour now, and have not been able to watch one bit of streaming anything! What am I doing wrong??? Example:
I go to skyfire browser, then I type in justin-tv.com or tikilive.com or hulu.com, and when I try to click on a show, or sport, or something, nothing happens! I know I have the latest version of SkyFire, because I downloaded the latest from Skyfire.com today. Everyone tells me they can watch everything just fine, so why is mine different? Do I need something else on my TP? a flash bundle perhaps??? Can you inform me please?

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Talking Re: streaming media on skyfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Ok so I have been trying to use Skyfire for the last hour now, and have not been able to watch one bit of streaming anything! What am I doing wrong??? Example:
I go to skyfire browser, then I type in justin-tv.com or tikilive.com or hulu.com, and when I try to click on a show, or sport, or something, nothing happens! I know I have the latest version of SkyFire, because I downloaded the latest from Skyfire.com today. Everyone tells me they can watch everything just fine, so why is mine different? Do I need something else on my TP? a flash bundle perhaps??? Can you inform me please?
Sir I will do anything in my power to help, but why do you make a simple thing so hard.. I'm watching beautiful TV using the new latest Skfire web browser that's in my new MultiMedia Super ROM.....

TIPS:

1. Make sure you have a 3g or Wifi connection activated.

2.Login to Skyfire and go to the video website of your choice.

3. Tap on the title of the video that you want to play, that's it.

4. So easy that a caveman can do it...
Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Re: streaming media on skyfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technology1 View Post
Sir I will do anything in my power to help, but why do you make a simple thing so hard.. I'm watching beautiful TV using the new latest Skfire web browser that's in my new MultiMedia Super ROM.....

TIPS:

1. Make sure you have a 3g or Wifi connection activated.

2.Login to Skyfire and go to the video website of your choice.

3. Tap on the title of the video that you want to play, that's it.

4. So easy that a caveman can do it...
Ok I'm telling you that is exactly what I have been doing. Here is an example. I went to www.tikilive.com (another user says he like this site) and clicked on FoxNews for example, and it takes me to the screen where it will show the video, but no video appears. With hulu.com, when I click on a video, it tells me I am outside the country and cant use it???
So its not like I haven't tried that stuff already Tech...
Old 07-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

How many bars of service do you need to stream media on Skyfire? for example, in my house I get about 2 bars on average...
Old 07-01-2009, 12:09 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

I never watch any of that stuff on my PPC, but I just tried Hulu on Skyfire and it tells me "Unfortunately, this video is not available on your platform. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Old 07-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

There was a change (I think this past weekend) where hulu blocked Skyfire (and possibly other) browsers from accessing the site. I haven't seen a work around yet.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
I never watch any of that stuff on my PPC, but I just tried Hulu on Skyfire and it tells me "Unfortunately, this video is not available on your platform. We apologize for the inconvenience."

That is the exact message I get on Hulu. Tikilive, looks like it is playing a video but shows nothing, can someone else try www.tikilive.com on their TP and maybe their PC to see if they get the same results?
Old 07-01-2009, 12:22 PM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
That is the exact message I get on Hulu. Tikilive, looks like it is playing a video but shows nothing, can someone else try www.tikilive.com on their TP and maybe their PC to see if they get the same results?
Just tried a live stream of CNN and it just sits there and try to load. Attempted over EVDO and WiFi.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:25 PM
The GrooGrux King

And it looks like tikilive.com doesn't like Firefox. It sat there and did nothing just like Skyfire. I opened in IE and it played immediately.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
And it looks like tikilive.com doesn't like Firefox. It sat there and did nothing just like Skyfire. I opened in IE and it played immediately.

Well I can watch it on FF just fine, am watching it now, but cannot on the SkyFire via TP. I would like to thank ecryone for proving my point to Tech who seems to think Skyfire can view everything. From what I've seen of Skyfire so far, it sucks AZZ!!!!

Not impressed with SkyFire at all!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro