PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
Arrow Qik or WebCamera Plus for Touch Pro?

Which is better? I'm looking to get an app like this and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the two mentioned in the title and give their opinion of which one is best.

I appreciate any replies/feedback and will leave thanks for everyone who provides constructive feedback in this thread.

Thanks,

James a.k.a. jtrag

Last edited by jtrag; 04-28-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:18 AM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Qik or WebCamera Plus for Touch Pro?

i have no idea but LMAO at your Sig bro, that shiyt had me rollin.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
i have no idea but LMAO at your Sig bro, that shiyt had me rollin.
LOL yeah I love it. It's friggin hilarious!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

xleoxoelx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrag View Post
Which is better? I'm looking to get an app like this and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the two mentioned in the title and give their opinion of which one is best.

I appreciate any replies/feedback and will leave thanks for everyone who provides constructive feedback in this thread.

Thanks,

James a.k.a. jtrag
I'm a Qik user and I'm loving it. Soon it will have a feature to upload videos directly to your youtube facebook myspace etc. I haven't tried WebCamera Plus yet. I'm a Titan user btw.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

+1 for Qik, The program works incredibly well on my pro and its so easy to link people to your videos, I also haven't tried webcamera plus but I don't really have a need to either
Old 04-28-2009, 02:51 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

i have used webcamplus, its not the same as qik. qik lets you stream videos to the internet, webcamplus lets you use your phone as a webcam to let you video chat with friends on AIM/MSN/Yahoo. webcamplus worked on my vogue, but i havent been able to get it to work on my touch pro. maybe you will have some luck though lol.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

r1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by xleoxoelx View Post
I'm a Qik user and I'm loving it. Soon it will have a feature to upload videos directly to your youtube facebook myspace etc. I haven't tried WebCamera Plus yet. I'm a Titan user btw.
qik already works with facebook, I haven't tried the other sites mentioned
Old 05-03-2009, 04:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: this one
Carrier: Carrier

insol is a n00b

I have used Qik and my old touch as a security cam... Qik limits live video to 30 minutes or so... I had to restart it every 20 minutes roughly to use it as a security cam.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:52 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I have a habit of pointing out alternative apps that weren't already mentioned. Forgive me if you are only interested in the 2 you mentioned. Anyway here is another app. that seems similar to Qik. I don't use either so can't confirm if one is superior to the other or not.

How much does ShoZu cost?
ShoZu is free. You may have to pay data charges (from your mobile network operator) each time you send from or download to your phone. How much you pay, if anything, depends on how much

you pay your operator for using the internet.The great thing is you will only pay once per upload, regardless of how many places you send your image or video to.

http://www.shozu.com/portal/index.do

Upload Anywhere, Any Time
ShoZu means you can share the moment, be it photos or video or a blog. You can send your stuff to friends and family, email or social networks as simply as pressing the button.

Be Spontaneous – in the moment
Your friend catches air on a mountain. You eat a phenomenal meal you can’t find words to describe. You make it to the front row of a sold-out show. You pee yourself at the funniest thing you ever saw. Don’t lose the moment. ShoZu it:

Photos & Videos
Send photos and video to more than 50 online social communities, email distribution lists, blogs, photo sites and other popular web destinations in one go.

Read & Reply to comments
See in real time what your friends are saying about the photo you loaded to your profile, and reply to them from your phone.

Send via Email
Share photos and video via email to reach friends and your email groups.

Add tags, titles and descriptions
Add details to your photos and videos before or after you upload them.
Read friends' feeds
Get your friends updates on your phone instantly.
Update your Status
Tell your friends what you're doing on the move.
Blog... Live!
Don't wait until you get home or find an internet café, you can post on the fly with ShoZu.
Geo-tag
With a GPS-enabled phone, add your location to your photos and videos.

The way we ShoZu
Here are some ways our users ShoZu the world around them. Let us know how you ShoZu.
Smug moment
Be the envy of your friends and show them when you’re enjoying a pina colada on the beach, or a hot toddy on the slopes. Wish you were here?!
Precious times
Share memories as they happen – whether you’re getting married or having an adventure over the other side of the world.
Celebrity spotting
Spotted a celebrity? Send the pictures to your friends and social media sites and be the first to comment on their style.

Top Sites
ShoZu works with the following sites. Click on “Learn More” to find out what you can do with ShoZu and your favorite destinations listed below.

Use ShoZu to upload your photos to your Flickr photostream, get your friends' photostreams downloaded to your phone, and read and reply to comments to your posts. Learn More.

Use ShoZu to upload photos to your Facebook account. Add titles and descriptions from your phone. Learn More.

What good is a video, if it’s stuck on your camera phone? Use ShoZu to upload videos to your Dailymotion account and access the latest popular videos of the Web on Dailymotion! Learn More.

Easily share everywhere from your camera phone with Photobucket and get your friends’ photos on your phone too! Learn More.

Twitter from your phone with ShoZu! You can also post photos and videos to Twitter so if you’re an avid Twitterbug, definitely check it out. Learn More.

Use ShoZu to upload videos to your YouTube channel and view the latest popular YouTube videos on your phone! Learn More.

Stay connected to Friendster and post your camera phone photos to your profile with titles and descriptions. Learn More.
Photo Sharing & Online Community Sites

Send your photos to 23 and store, share, and order prints! Learn More.

Best Shows of the Web with Blip.tv & ShoZu. Use ShoZu to upload videos to blip.tv. Learn More.

Store your photos and videos online at Box.net with ShoZu! With Box.net, you can store and manage your files, access your files from anywhere, collaborate with anyone, and edit your files and photos online. Learn More.

Start the Buzz with Buzznet & ShoZu. Upload photos and videos to your Buzznet albums, read and reply to comments to your posts and get popular Buzznet feeds sent to your phone! Learn More.

Send your mobile pictures and videos to your Cellfish locker, which backs them up for easy access on the web and on your mobile. Once your content is in your Cellfish locker, you can share pictures, music and videos instantly with your friends, family and subscribers’ phones. Learn More.

Store and share your photos and videos online at divShare and get your divShare photos on your phone. Learn More.

Send your photos and videos to Easy-Share.com with ShoZu and earn $$! Learn More.

Start Sharing Now with Faces & ShoZu. Use ShoZu to upload photos to your Faces blog. Add titles and descriptions from your phone. Learn More.

Use ShoZu to upload photos to your HotSMS HotShots Album. Add titles and descriptions from your phone. Learn More.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 05-03-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:54 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

I had to break up the post, it was too big for one, sorry.

Always in touch with friends through Hyves & ShoZu. Use ShoZu to upload photos to your Hyves account. Add titles and descriptions from your phone. Learn More.

ShoZu makes it even easier to share, meet and explore via ipernity. Learn More.

Send and store your photos at the Kodak Easyshare Gallery and order real prints and photo gifts of your camera phone photos. Learn More.

Post your photos and videos to your Multiply site for all to see and share. Learn More.

Upload photos to Netlog and keep your social portal current with your freshest content. Learn More.

Easily share your camera phone photos and videos on Ovi with ShoZu. Learn More.

Send your photos and videos to Phanfare with ShoZu for easy sharing and display. Learn More.

With ShoZu and Photobox, you can easily turn your camera phone photos into prints and creative photo products in an instant. Learn More.

Create and learn, get ideas, and share your work, all on Photoshop.com. Learn More.

Build Web Albums on Picasa with ShoZu. Use ShoZu to upload your photos to your Picasa web album. Add titles and descriptions from your phone. Learn More.

Share your world with Pikeo & ShoZu. Use ShoZu to upload your photos to your Pikeo album. Add titles and tags from your phone. Learn More.

Capture it with Qipit & ShoZu. Use ShoZu to send photos of documents to qipit, which will scan them and send them back to your email address as pdf files. Learn More.

Share your mobile moments and start conversations with your Seesmic friends. Record a video, add a title and upload. Learn More.

Upload and store your photos in your Smugmug account with ShoZu. Learn More.

Send your photos to Snapfish and turn them into high quality prints and personalized photo gifts. Share and store your photos, enjoy slideshows and more. Learn More.

SnapMyLife is a great place to view photos from around the world on your mobile phone. Use ShoZu to instantly share photos on SnapMyLife. Learn More.

Share your photos on Twitter with Twitpic for your mobile phone. Learn More.

Don't blink. Take a shot with Webshots & ShoZu. Use ShoZu to send your photos to your Webshots album and subscribe to get popular photo feeds sent to your phone. Learn More.
Blogging Sites

Instantly post your videos, photos, thoughts and comments to your Blogger blog. Learn More.

Your life Powered by you with Dada & ShoZu. Use ShoZu to upload videos and photos to your life.Dada.net blog. Learn More.

Use ShoZu to post your photos and videos to your Freewebs web site. Learn More.

Express Yourself with LiveJournal & ShoZu. Get blogging with ShoZu and post your photos, videos and thoughts to your personal blog. Learn More.

Get blogging from your phone with MetaWeblog & ShoZu. Learn More.

Get blogging with Moblog and ShoZu! Post your photos, videos and blog postings to your personal moblog right from your phone. Learn More.

Enjoy moblogging at it’s finest and post photos, videos and text to your blog. Learn More.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software