PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Bell)
Carrier: Bell Mobillity

meso is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MightyMike and ICS (internet connection sharing) Question

ok, before anyone starts, i am not posting this is the rom thread as it is poluted with people who can't seem to understand search. that said i have searched the 300+ pages for that thread for ics answers, but all i have found are questions, no answers. so, getting back to the point, does anyone know if this rom allow for teathering on sprint without charge (more importatly bell). in otherwords, does anyone know if it puts the data stream from the computer through the same data stream of the phones browser? i would post this in the rom's thread but again, it is poluted
Old 03-17-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

x99percent is keeping up the good workx99percent is keeping up the good work
Re: MightyMike and ICS (internet connection sharing) Question

^^^ Speaking of people "who can't seem to understand search"...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ing#post755960
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:02 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you run internetsharing you have two options: data and PAM. If you choose data it works just fine and should be the normal sprint powervision.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

meso is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by x99percent View Post
^^^ Speaking of people "who can't seem to understand search"...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ing#post755960

foot in mouth........ well it seems i was so frustrated, i didn't search for teathering, but i did search for ics, internet connection sharing, saw no answers to others questions, and now i look like an ***. lol. as you can see by my posts i usually fix/find my own problems/solutions. thanks again, i knew there was a reg setting i could check, just didn't know where.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:40 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

meso is a n00b

ok, now connect is shaded out in ics. i have searched around and found that it could be because a reg key mentioned in the link above is spelled wrong, checked all that and it is fine. cross checked it with a htc touch using nfsfans rom, all settings are spelled and capitalized the same. i will reflash mikes new rom and see what i can make work.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Nastradamus is a n00b

i used the search function and found this thread

anyone know if this is also works for verizion? I dont want to get charged extra if i can use my laptop away from my home to browse the net without having to pay extra at my parents home for another net connection. Also does anyone know if Verizon has a download/upload limit? im mainly gonna play World of Warcraft when im away
Old 04-06-2009, 07:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus View Post
i used the search function and found this thread

anyone know if this is also works for verizion? I dont want to get charged extra if i can use my laptop away from my home to browse the net without having to pay extra at my parents home for another net connection. Also does anyone know if Verizon has a download/upload limit? im mainly gonna play World of Warcraft when im away
worx fine... but verizon will audit if you go over x amount.. i don't know what the actual value is...
Old 04-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6850 Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wirelessness

jucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on repjucytec is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
If you run internetsharing you have two options: data and PAM. If you choose data it works just fine and should be the normal sprint powervision.
its "PAN" personal area network via Bluetooth... PAM is what you spray on to a frying pan before you cook eggs...
Old 04-06-2009, 07:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucytec View Post
its "PAN" personal area network via Bluetooth... PAM is what you spray on to a frying pan before you cook eggs...
i hope you were kidding. it's PAM (Phone As Modem)
Funny regardless.

Last edited by razorloves; 04-06-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jucytec View Post
worx fine... but verizon will audit if you go over x amount.. i don't know what the actual value is...
Sprint does the same thing. If you consistently go over 5 gigs you will risk having you account shut off.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development