PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 07:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

keaolyen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkeaolyen is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkeaolyen is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Navigation update

Stumbled across this today at the Sprint Users Forum; the directions are good and I'm wondering if any Chef's would want to cook this in?

http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181730

(copied from OP)

Touch and Touch Pro Sprint Navigation UPDATE AND FIX step by step
Ok well I got my Touch pro and as expected I love it. One thing about the Touch and Touch Pro that bothered me was the sprint navigation. When you open the sprint navigation it is actually opening the Telnav application that sprint has decided to put their name all over which really bugs me to begin with but also another thing that I’m sure you have noticed is that the sprint navigation (Telnav) is very distorted and pixilated around the buttons etc and even the splash screen is quite messy. Well I have been looking at the files for Telnav and I've found out that this is because sprint has decided to put a version of Telnav on our phones that was actually built for phones with a much lower screen resolution than the Touch/Pro.

Here's the fix and believe me if you are planning on using the navigation a regular basis like I do it’s well worth it.

Step 1. Download the cab file located at the following address (THIS IS OFFICIAL TELNAV SITE) http://ota.telenav.com/ota/tn/choice/htc_htc.html and choose HTC as your option.

step 2. Install the cab to your device (not storage card) and after install go ahead and run the program. (start menu/programs/TELNAV)

Step 3. On first run the program will go thru a setup where your telephone number will already be displayed and under that the set up wants you to enter your pin (obtain your pin number by going to http://signin.telenav.com/tnsso/sso/...nav.com%2Fmytn and choosing the link "Get Your Pin” after putting in your phone number) they will text you with your pin number in just a few seconds and you may now enter that number into the Telnav setup on your Touch/Pro

Step 4. After setup is complete you may want to navigate to Windows/Start menu/Programs and delete “sprint navigation.lnk” so that you don’t have duplicate icons in your programs list. (you will have to use a 3rd party explorer like “Resco Explorer” in order to delete the file (google it if you still need Resco Explorer)

Done!

The end result is the original Telnav splash screen which is not distorted at all and mentions nothing about Sprint, All Buttons within Telnav are now grey and black theme with no distortion or pixilation, an easier to navigate interface that is not plastered with all the crap logos that Sprint put in the original.

I believe that you will not need to worry about your favorite places being deleted because (correct me if I’m wrong) I believe the favorites must be updated on the Telnav servers. I have had sprint navigation on two phones with the same number and to my surprise after the above update was done I actually had my favorites from both phones already updated to the new version we just installed.

Woo Hoo nothing missing and a much better product. Hope that someone does the above changes and enjoys the change as much as I did.

Write me back if there is anything that should be said!

mcmism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
Attaching cab to make easier for other users to grab.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1233795690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I have been goin over the latest sprint nav cab files.
I would not use sprint diamond 2.1.7.
It is a HUGE cab (3mb) AND uses much older files than sprint raphael 2.1.10
The actual exe file are same 1meg size for both.

Sprint nav 2.1.23 uses newest exe and dll files, and has larger exe file so I would assume more advanced.

Upon further checking the exe file, the SprintNav has extra capabilities that are not enabled.

The TeleNav version has all newer features enabled, like WEATHER UPDATE, Extra Menus, Improved graphics, More info in moving maps, Blue-ish themed interface, ect.

Best thing is that now Telenav website has most carriers updated, not just sprint.

Here is what you need to do:
Install either latest SprintNav cabs in order to get your pin.
If you know it, skip this step.

Goto tools&extras / about / My account info
Retrive your pin (for use on telenav cab)

It does not matter that Sprint cab is installed on your device, you dont have to uninstall.You can have both.
In the past I actually needed Sprint version installed before the Telenav.

SOOOO.....
Install this newest telenav cab and you will be happy
I give you a choice of three:
Modified by me with regedits from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427888
Un-modified pick your carrier here: http://ota.telenav.com/otadownload/d...product.action
Orig latest Sprint cab.

EDIT: Update on Telenav expiring 4 some users:
I have finally got Televav to expire by using a rom (not on PPCGeeks) that did not list phone number info in :start/settings/system/device info...
Televav expired on second try within minutes after installing.
Remedy was just installing sprint version along side.
Now both installed and working on that rom.
So solution for the Telenav expiring problem, if it ever happens to you, is to have both installed, or use another rom

Last edited by keaolyen; 01-15-2010 at 07:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 31 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5
Re: Sprint Navigation update

Works like a charm. Thanks!!
Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ipimpgarland is a n00b

I have been waiting for a fix for Sprint Navigation for a while. Thanks.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

Make sure you've run the sprint version FIRST before installing and running this version. Otherwise you may get an account expired message.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro

kenhen93 is a n00b

Is anyone else having this problem? I installed the TeleNav version above and got my pin from the website but when I enter the pin to login (on the phone), it tells me that my account has expired. I called TeleNav and they told me I need to talk to sprint, and tell them to re-enable my navigation feature in my plan. Then I call sprint and they are telling me that I cannot use TeleNav and I MUST use the Sprint version of TeleNav. Damnit this pisses me off. Anyone know a way around this?
Old 02-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

ipimpgarland is a n00b

Read the post right above yours.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the Software Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 02-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

I'll be trying this when I get home

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 02-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro

kenhen93 is a n00b

I did have the sprint version before. I guess I will try to re-install.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:52 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

looks good, i kinda like all the Sprint branding, but overall very nice.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software