PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
possible pic mail fix

this may sound stupid, but try turning off roaming (select sprint only). i have tried every single radio, program, and setting available and this has been the only one to actually work. obviously this may not be an option for everyone (low to no coverage), but i have not noticed any change in bars and now my services work properly. if i have it set to allow roaming and there is sprint coverage available, it shows as not roaming but my pic msgs do not send. changing that option to sprint only and leaving the phone sit in the same exact spot will allow my msgs to go through. anyone have a thought on why that would make a difference?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: possible pic mail fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
this may sound stupid, but try turning off roaming (select sprint only). i have tried every single radio, program, and setting available and this has been the only one to actually work. obviously this may not be an option for everyone (low to no coverage), but i have not noticed any change in bars and now my services work properly. if i have it set to allow roaming and there is sprint coverage available, it shows as not roaming but my pic msgs do not send. changing that option to sprint only and leaving the phone sit in the same exact spot will allow my msgs to go through. anyone have a thought on why that would make a difference?
My guess is that it's coincidence. Sprints picture mail works but it's not very consistent. I tend to hit the send/receive button several times..wait...then several times again. Sometimes it goes through right away and easy and other times real slow if at all. Why I don't know...Your theory might be plausible, however I probably won't bother messing with this and just let it do it's thing. I would say I get 98% of my pictures to go through.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5

Tried it and it didn't work for me. Thank God for sMMS!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejqr5 View Post
Speaking of sMMS, are ytou refering to the arcsoft? I installed that just to see how it works and...well how do I access it? Sprints Picture mail is access through the email tab..can't find arcsoft though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess it's accessed through text messages...cool lol

Last edited by aceracer24; 01-20-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:45 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejqr5 View Post
+1!!!! After I installed and used sMMS, Sprints picturemail app was nothing but a big joke!
Old 01-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

it depends what you like. i havent had an issue with the sprint app other than its slow to send. everything else works ok. plus the upload to facebook,myspace,photobucket etc with one touch is a nice feature the others dont offer.

arcsoft is hit or miss for a lot of people, and sMMS last time i looked at it didnt support intercept on the Diamond/Pro to receive (may have changed by now). biggest problem is they dont integrate into the OS as nice as sprint's app.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

tom6433 is keeping up the good worktom6433 is keeping up the good work

too bad it is not working for you guys. it cannot be a coincidence as switching the option for me is a night and day difference for me. i agree is really makes no sense, but my pic mail works now and nothing else has changed.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

ejqr5 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to ejqr5

I actually tried to send myself a pic 2 days ago and I still haven't received it using Sprint's application. Sprint's app blows. I had used Arcsoft with my Mogul until Sprint messed that up too. sMMS is worth the donation. It's never failed me.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom6433 View Post
Not stupid. Actually if you go into your phone settings by default data is denied in roaming because of the likelihood of being charged Roaming Data charges. That usually is one of the first things I change when I hard reset or flash. Try that....

Bump Sprint Pic mail BLOWS on TP.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on repjaminmc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Why I hate sprints picture mail....

1. Slow! It is slow to start, and to use...

2. Pictures send whenever the program feels like it, or is real good coverage.

3. Does not resize the images. When the Touch pro takes 3.2 megapixels, the images are so large that the pictures are too big for other providers not to ever receive them. Like friends with Verizon. I had to stop taking pictures at 3.2 megapixels.

4. Pictures that are stuck in the que, sometimes get sent when you send a new picture. Sent a bunch of pics one day to find that a week later a couple finally sent.

Why doesn't sprint just get Arcsoft? Do they charge such a big licence fee that it makes more since to piss off there clients with a crappy makeshift version, that takes more of a memory footprint?

/RANT

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development