PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 01:17 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Slot cycle index change?

Anyone found out how to change our Slot Cycle Index so that the phone will ring quicker?
When I go into EPST using ##778# like I used to on the Apache, I'm not able to change the menu view.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work
Re: Slot cycle index change?

get the MSL of course, do the ##778# and go into edit mode and it is under MODEM SETTINGS. just change it there to the number you want.
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on Earth. So what the hell, leap! -- Peter McWilliams
Old 12-12-2008, 01:29 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3azim View Post
get the MSL of course, do the ##778# and go into edit mode and it is under MODEM SETTINGS. just change it there to the number you want.
That's the problem... I couldn't get it to switch to Modem Settings.
----
OK. I played with it a little more and found that I could switch menus from the View menu on the bottom.
It used to be by tapping on the wrench at the top.

I changed my SCI from 2 to 0. We'll see how that effects everything.

Last edited by Trident; 12-12-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

I herd that would drain your battery. Post back if you think there's a difference. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:50 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
That's the problem... I couldn't get it to switch to Modem Settings.
----
OK. I played with it a little more and found that I could switch menus from the View menu on the bottom.
It used to be by tapping on the wrench at the top.

I changed my SCI from 2 to 0. We'll see how that effects everything.
I would try 1 first. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks T M Z
Old 12-12-2008, 01:53 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

PST Tweaks:
  • First thing you must do is get your MSL. I wrote an app to make this very easy for you, more info on it here. If you have problems getting your MSL, put your phone in flight mode and try again.
  • You can tweak your Slot Cycle Index (SCI) to make your phone poll the tower more often. This makes your texts and phone calls come through quicker. This setting is a trade off between lag (most noticeable when receiving calls) and battery life. The default value on our phones is 2. Every step of 1 adds 1.28 seconds to the poll time, so at a value of 2 it is only polling every 5 seconds or so. Most people lower this to 1, so the phone polls every 2.5 seconds. This won't affect battery life much in areas of good coverage, but may impact it noticeably if you're in a poor reception area. Your Access Overload Class (ACCOLC) determines your phone's priority on the cell tower. The higher the number, the lower the priority. Do note that 0 and 1 are reserved for emergency service uses, so DO NOT use these. You can ACCOLC's of 2-9, default on Sprint should be the last digit of your phone number.
  • Now that I've laid down the basic groundwork of the two main mods, here's how to change them. Don't mess with settings in here unless you know exactly what you're doing, as phone performance and usability will be affected. To enter programming mode, open your phone screen and dial ##778# (may be ##778 on some devices, if that doesn't work, run EPST.exe from \Windows). Click edit, type in your MSL, and hit OK. Now choose View Info in the lower left corner, and hit NAM settings. On this page you can change your ACCOLC (remember, don't use 0 or 1). Now, switch to the Modem Settings page to change your SCI (default is 2, valid values are 0-7). Now accept the changes and soft reset, and you're updated!
  • More information can be found here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

Hope that Helps.

Thanks T M Z
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I have mine set to 1 and with fairly heavy usage I get through the day on a charge... and my phone(s) always ring within a second or so of the other party's first ring.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond

al3azim is keeping up the good workal3azim is keeping up the good work

I have mine set to 1 as well and it does not really drain the battery
Old 12-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

nor has it really made a difference for me really. I still have delays in texts and incoming calls. In fact many of my calls never ring through and send people to voicemail even though I have a strong signal.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:12 AM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Had mine on "0" all day. I tried a few test calls and the ringing is much faster. Instead of the 2nd or 3rd ring (on the caller side) I'm getting a ring by the end of the 1st ring. I haven't been using it long enough to tell if it causes any more battery drain, but for sure it wasn't noticable today.
We'll see how it goes after the weekend.

By the way, I got my MSL by just asking the Sprint CS rep. They hesitated and asked why I wanted it and I was honest with them. No problem. I confirmed that it wasn't some "one use" code and they confirmed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond