PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 03:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using Diamond Roms on Touch Pro

Alright before you say its not possible, it is.. So please tell me that if you have not done it.

What I am trying to find is what files/drivers are needed to be included to make the keyboard work (obviously diamond doesnt come with hardware keyboard drivers)

Another thing I am trying to correct is device info (says diamond in device info)

Thanks for the help!!
Old 11-27-2008, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Using Diamond Roms on Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama View Post
Alright before you say its not possible, it is.. So please tell me that if you have not done it.

What I am trying to find is what files/drivers are needed to be included to make the keyboard work (obviously diamond doesnt come with hardware keyboard drivers)

Another thing I am trying to correct is device info (says diamond in device info)

Thanks for the help!!
It can be done, Juggalo confirmed that but he also said there are still several things that need to be done because of the differences between the devices. I know at least one Diamond rom has been modified into a Touch Pro rom but...as Juggalo said, you won't get any benefit from it. What specifically are you looking for that has you wanting to use a Diamond rom on your Touch Pro?

Read here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=145

Last edited by aceracer24; 11-27-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

In order for this to work, you have to change things like device ID, Activesync friendly name, storage card name. and other little things, then you would need to add the keyboard RGU and a xt9 package that supports a hardware KB map and lastly the KB drivers. its not practicle to run a diamond on a pro although its 100% possible.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 11-27-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It's a lot easier to overwrite a pro with diamond stuff than to make a diamond into a pro. Not quite 100% the same, but probably close enough for whatever purpose you have in mind.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am reallllllly likein this:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44494

for diamond but would love to have this on my pro. Of course it would be nice for the keyboard to work. Or.. if anyone has xip and sys that does not have things added or taken out... that would be awesome too. really looking for 20931. It appears the txting unread count issue has been resolved in this build.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:38 AM
VIP Member

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Calcu does make some nice roms. I was enjoying his and Juicy's before I got my Touch Pro. Don't worry though, there are more roms now for the Touch Pro then previously and they are getting beter all the time.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

got it! moved his rom from diamond to pro. It works well.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

wondabwoy is a n00b
Talking Re: Using Diamond Roms on Touch Pro

Quote:
Wow, how did you do it, am I am also interested, Like his roms too, but want it for my touch pro?
Old 11-29-2008, 01:13 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I am sure others would appreciate it if you could post it as well.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

essentially erice's kitchen is the same as mine. He used a different OEM folder, but we are using the same XIP and sys. You can essetially use his kitchen if you want this. Only difference between that and my personal kitchen is I used stock OEM folder and seperated out the apps

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development