PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

marklyn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bluetooth garbled phone on my Nissan Altima

I have a '07 Nissan Altima with the navigation system (bluetooth included). Prior to my HTC Diamond, I had a Palm Centro and the bluetooth worked really well with the car. I could make/receive calls and I heard the callers well and they heard me well.
Now, with my Diamond, I can make a call but the caller's voice sound very garbled. They cannot even hear my voice at all.
I've done the basic troubleshooting, repairing, etc. and all the research I've seen has been in car forums where the technical aspect isn't there like it might be here. This is an apparant problem with other people too.
There is a screwy 'workaround' that is difficult which involves switching a call from the nav system to the handset and then from the handset back to the nav system, but that is screwy and dangerous while driving.

I was hoping someone could maybe point me in a direction to start researching. I have two Diamond phones at my disposal and both have the same problem. One has stock Sprint ROM and the other has Juicy 3.0 ROM, but the problem is the same for both.

Would this likely be the bluetooth in my phone that might be at fault? Is there something I can possibly do by tweaking or upgrading or changing something about the BT on my Diamond?

Could use some ideas...
Old 11-08-2008, 09:53 PM
N00b

shannl is a n00b
Re: bluetooth garbled phone on my Nissan Altima

This is a known issue. Actually, it appears to be an incompatibility of the WM6/WM6.1 Bluetooth handsfree stack with a wide range of car kits. My Altima 08 has the same issue. The dealer did let me try it with an 09 Altima. Worked just fine there.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...353632&page=11
Old 12-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

muybonita1125 is a n00b

I have an 08 altima and my htc pro doesnt work with my vehicle's bluetooth either. The previous phone that i had, which was an htc touch also didnt work. However, when i try to connect someone else's phone that is not an htc phone, the bletooth in my car works great. I've done some research and the htc phones just aren't compatible with the bluetooth system in the nissan/infinity vehicles. I love my htc pro and would love to find a way to fix this problem.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Lurker

stoliosoda is a n00b

My situation's even worse - I have a Treo 800W with WM6.1 pro and a 2008 Altima Hybrid with the nav/bluetooth package. Car worked fine with the Motorola Q9 I had but not this phone.

I can make outbound calls, and I hear the audio, but the caller cannot hear me - there is no outgoing voice at all.

Any guidance appreciated. If I don't get help in the next 30 days I am throwing in the towel and getting a BlackBerry. Enough of this nonsense already.

<rant>
At least Palm had the decency after *6 months* to actually ship a USB --> 2.5mm headset adapter so that I can use some sort of hands free that doesn't require a charger...!! Of course you can't have the headset and a charger plugged in at the same time, so plan on hands-free time = super-low talk time. WM devices chew through batteries at an astounding clip...

Is it me or is the BlackBerry like the only 1/2way decent smartphone available these days?? I don't buy touchscreen typing, so iPhone is out for me. These WM devices just suck. I am so angry at Palm for blowing it with the market. Come up with another brilliant idea like Folio, why don't you.
</rant>

================================================== =====
Treo 300-->treo 600-->treo650 --->treo700 --->treo 755p --->Motorola Q9 ---> Treo 800W --> BlackBerry 8330 (Jan 09. Oh yes. I'm DONE with Palm and Windows. Lord help me).

Last edited by stoliosoda; 12-12-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:09 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

"Is it me or is the BlackBerry like the only 1/2way decent smartphone available these days?? I don't buy touchscreen typing, so iPhone is out for me. These WM devices just suck."

The grass is always greener ... straight-haired girls want curly hair and vice-versa. I love my WinMo phone and my brother-in-law hates his work-provided Blackberry.

It's all preference. Don't bash, please.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

jrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuffjrn6264 knows their stuff

Just a thought but buy new cars? J/K
Old 01-26-2009, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro

jlcabrera is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannl View Post
This is a known issue. Actually, it appears to be an incompatibility of the WM6/WM6.1 Bluetooth handsfree stack with a wide range of car kits. My Altima 08 has the same issue. The dealer did let me try it with an 09 Altima. Worked just fine there.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...353632&page=11
Hi,

I just purchased a new 09 Altima Hybrid with the Nav package. I have a Sprint HTC Touchpro. Tried pairing (6-8x)and having same exact issue as others...the callers can not hear me.

The workaround people are referring to how exactly does that work? What devices are the buttons being pushed on (Nav vs. Touchpro)?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: metroPCS

jawad50 is a n00b

I have a 09 Maxima and it works perfectly on it... i would think that nav/bt would be the same on both cars?
Old 01-28-2009, 09:37 PM
N00b

shannl is a n00b

I tried on a 2009 Altima without the Nav and it worked. So it seems to be associated with Altima's with NAV 2007-2009. However, I have also heard that other makes with NAV are also experiencing the same Bluetooth issue. The common element is WM6/WM6.1 with bluetooth.

My wife's Katana II and my PPC 6700 with BigJ work just fine in the same car. But NOT my Diamond with a stock ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond