PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 06:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

jljone0 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Picture Mail Issue (can't delete)

Hey guys,
I've got a Sprint Touch Diamond running the stock rom (with a few minor tweaks), and I've got an issue with Picture Mail. I receive picture mails just fine (or, at least I did the last time someone sent me one), but I have 6 messages in my inbox from various people that I can't delete or open. Any ideas? Did I mess something up with my minor tweaks (new theme, disable SMS notify, that kind of thing)?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
j.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:49 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Picture Mail Issue (can't delete)

Have you installed the PicMail upgrade from the Sprint Powerdeck site?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:50 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yes, I did. The problem messages were there before the upgrade, and are still stuck in my inbox...
j.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Sorry, then I have no ideas. I can delete the ones in my inbox, and some of them were there before I did the upgrade. Did you let customizations run or install the Sprint PicMail cab seperately?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

if you try to delete the mail from main screen it may be impossible, atleast it was for me. i had to go into the inbox and open the one i wanted to delete. not opeing the full picture, just clicking on the # that the picturemail came from. i could delete it from there. once everything was out of that folder it deleted the folder on it's own
Old 10-20-2008, 10:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Sorry, then I have no ideas. I can delete the ones in my inbox, and some of them were there before I did the upgrade. Did you let customizations run or install the Sprint PicMail cab seperately?
I haven't resorted to a hard reset yet, I would prefer not to, so when the upgrade showed up, I just installed the cab on top of the stock installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFMISM View Post
if you try to delete the mail from main screen it may be impossible, atleast it was for me. i had to go into the inbox and open the one i wanted to delete. not opeing the full picture, just clicking on the # that the picturemail came from. i could delete it from there. once everything was out of that folder it deleted the folder on it's own
I've tried both methods, and whenever I click on delete, it tells me that the message can't be deleted (whether on the TF3D pic mail screen or in the inbox).

I do really appreciate you guys responding, though.
j.

Last edited by jljone0; 10-20-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mine did the same thing. i know this sounds redundant and i do apologize if you hav etried this already. whenever i tried to delete from inbox it always says message cannot be deleted. try clicking on the message and deleting the message from inside the pic mail. then go back to inbox. once again if you have tried this i apologize. even if you hard reset the messages will come back. i did the same thing. for some reason as long as the messages have been sent or recieved from that number they come back no matter what you do. you can pm me or call if need be and i can walk you through step by step of ewhat i had to do. i have had 3 diamonds and the same pics show up in the pic mail folder until i got them deleted.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:25 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

The problem with that method is that when I try to open the message from TF3D, it doesn't do anything. If I click one of the messages from the pic mail inbox, it give the following error:
"Sprint Picture Mail service is synchronizing your threads. Please try again."

So, I can't even get the messages to open so I can delete them....
j.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jljone0 View Post
The problem with that method is that when I try to open the message from TF3D, it doesn't do anything. If I click one of the messages from the pic mail inbox, it give the following error:
"Sprint Picture Mail service is synchronizing your threads. Please try again."

So, I can't even get the messages to open so I can delete them....
j.
Sorry. i guess i didn't realize what you were saying. the only other thing i can think of is to go in and stop your data connection and try to delete them then. but i have a felling that you have already tried that also. if i think of anything else i will post back. good luck
Old 10-20-2008, 10:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Yeah, I have already tried that. I think I may have gotten rid of them, though. I uninstalled the new picmail upgrade, which seemed to remove picture mail from my phone entirely. Then, I went through and deleted everything I could find from the file structure that had anything to do with picmail.
When I reinstalled the new cab, pic mail came back, and so did those same six mails. But, I had a friend (the only one I know with access to picture mail, who just got it tonight) send me a message, and when I checked my inbox, that was the only one in there, and it deleted just fine.
So, I guess there was just some kind of hiccup and it just needed a new message to reset everything? At any rate, it seems to be okay now.
Thanks again for all the suggestions, though!
j.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond