PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

tek2tirado is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have went ahead and merged all 6 threads about the touch pro release date and price into this 1 thread please keep all talk and question in this thread any new threads will be deleted.

From the looks of it, Sprint has gone and gotten a decent chunk of its playbook leaked all over the interblogs, and it's chock-full of titillating information. Thanks to slippery fingers and loose lips, we already knew that the Touch Diamond and Touch Pro were headed to the carrier, but now we have some solid dates (mid-September for the Diamond, October 19th for the Pro), and pricing ($549.99 and $579.99 unsubsidized, $249.99 and $320 with contract). Of course, this is all according to the above document, which admittedly could be the work of an extremely bored Photoshopper -- but this jibes pretty tightly with a lot of other chatter we've been hearing.

didnt find a thread with an offical relase date
i saw ol dude post the price up bout not the release date
looks like 10/19 is wat we are lookin at now
got this off engadget.com

YAy one month from tmw, thats the greatest news ever, i just wish i knew the exact price.

Last edited by pzztgotbagz; 09-01-2008 at 01:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

walterlee78 is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

awesome news!!! now hoping it comes in under 250..

wishfully, i hope its under 200
if they can sell the diamond for under 100..why not....

http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...out.html?t51hb
Old 08-01-2008, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Wow! I posted in the HTC Diamond thread, but it's more appropriate that I post in here considering I really want to get the HTC Touch Pro.

Just wanted to share that I work for a very big entertainment corporation that has representatives assigned for sales with every provider available in the US. I'm on Sprint and was able to order the Mogul 1 month before the "official release" to the public, so I'm hoping that I can do the same for the HTC Touch Pro. I already have an email into our rep to see if or when I can get it. If it turns out that he can order it for me, I'll share whatever info I can.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

If so, I'll be buying this one at the first opportunity. I realize there will be bugs, but if not for early adopters in this community, bugs would never be worked out anyways.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EvO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

blackrain is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to blackrain

ummmm......whoever this source is a little off track in sprint's system the htc 6950 (diamond) is being released sept 2nd which is the upgrade from the 6900 (touch) the price full retail is 549.99 which means it probably will be either 249 or 349 at discount price. Also the touch pro model # is 6850 which is the upgrade of the mogul (6800) right now it's listed as 1$ but they probably just entered the model into the system just to get it in that more than likely will be 599.99 and this info is official!!!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:54 PM
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

So, my question is, what is with the talk about an October 19 release? Is that false?
Old 08-01-2008, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain View Post
ummmm......whoever this source is a little off track in sprint's system the htc 6950 (diamond) is being released sept 2nd which is the upgrade from the 6900 (touch) the price full retail is 549.99 which means it probably will be either 249 or 349 at discount price. Also the touch pro model # is 6850 which is the upgrade of the mogul (6800) right now it's listed as 1$ but they probably just entered the model into the system just to get it in that more than likely will be 599.99 and this info is official!!!
Thanks for sharing. Is the release for the pro scheduled for the 19th like I read in other threads? Or do they still plan on doing a dual release on the same day (i.e. 9/2/0.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:53 PM
VIP Member

Finally got in touch with my rep from the 3rd party that is responsible for all sales for the corporation I work with. Unfortunately, Sprint is pretty tight lipped and they don't share information with them until they're ready to launch. He had heard about it, but pretty much has to wait for them to give them the go ahead for corporate sales.

I'm just hoping that I'll be able to pick up a Touch Pro before it gets released and sold out in retail stores. He said that he'll contact me once they've been given a go ahead to start selling it.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

I am so excited... although im still split between the Diamond and the Pro, i think i will ultimately get the Pro. The Diamond is pure sexyness, but the lower battery life, no keyboard, and no microSD (especially) break the deal.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: bell

frentraken is becoming a great contributor

ya this is a bit of a jump, I've been watching for release info(I am sprint care agent) and there's been little talk, but I what I have seen points at diamond not the pro like they've said. I'll be pleasantly suprised if I'm wrong. Especially since if you guys get it I should be able to get it shortly after.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro