PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Duke Nukem 3D

i play this all the time. i modified the config file so it works it works well on the ppc-6700 and the ppc-6800.
you dont install it. just copy to phone and open folder and run the exe.

1. download the game:
http://www.websystemdisk.com/Pocket_...Nukem_3D_0.4g/ <-- treat as a zip file, not install file

2. download the DUKE3D.GRP file:
ftp://ftp.3drealms.com/share/3dduke13.zip <-needs to be installed on pc to get the DUKE3D.GRP file. you will need to take the DUKE3D.GRP file out and discard/remove/uninstall the rest from your pc. we (This is the sharware version DUKE3D.GRP, you can use the DUKE3D.GRP from the retail version (~30MB) if you own it)

3. replace the DUKE3D.CFG with the one below that is for your phone.
ppc-6700: http://johniii.tripod.com/duke/6700.zip <--need to copy and paste into browser
ppc-6800: http://johniii.tripod.com/duke/6800.zip <--need to copy and paste into browser

1. download the 3 required files
2. create a folder called duke3d on your pc
3. extract the Duke_Nukem_3D_0.4g.cab file to the duke3d folder on your pc. (winrar to extract)
4. copy the DUKE3D.GRP file to the duke3d folder on your pc.
5. copy the duke3d.cfg file to the duke3d folder on your pc, replacin the one that is there.
6. copy the duke3d folder from your pc to your phone.
7. use file explorer to launch the game, MAKE SURE PHONE IS CLOSED (KEYBOARD TUCKED AWAY) WHEN U LAUNCH GAME.
8. slide keyboard out once game starts
9. if you want, use a program like resco file explorer to create a shortcut of the spvduke3d.exe and paste it in windows\start menu\programs

(Duke_Nukem_3D_0.4g is the emulator/port, duke3d.cfg is config file for a specific device/phone, duke3d.grp is the 'meat'/ROM of the game)

-it will not work on the touch cause there is no keyboard. itl prbly load up but u cant play it well.
-the hi res map pack will not work
-thank you to wackychimp for hosting it on rapid share ( i havnt tried it)
-thank you nick for lettin me know the link were down. i forgot to put the part about pasting the link in the url bar until i saw your post.
-no touch screen support
- there is no console in this port im assuming. therefor no cheats. g is supposed tp bring up the 'send message dialog but doesnt seem to work.

if you still dont understand the instructions then read the stuff on the spvduke3d download page (first link on this post)

Last edited by shadow-tech; 07-17-2008 at 07:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Duke Nukem 3D

check the links. only the second one works. the mogul one doesnt.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It says right next to them that they need to be copied ad pasted into the browser. the url bar at the top of your web browser
Old 06-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker

nick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnick aguas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well you edited it after i posted but ill try it and see how it works.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

Your instructions make zero sense. You DON'T install the cab, but you DO install the GRP file? Which BTW doesn't exist . . .
Old 06-12-2008, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

JRANGER is becoming a great contributor

hmm does it work on touch?
Old 06-16-2008, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

YaBoyLR is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to YaBoyLR

doesnt work
Old 06-17-2008, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

wackychimp is just getting started

I got this to work on my xv6800 last night... first time through.

Try these steps:
  1. Download all files in first post.
  2. Unpack the game CAB from shadow-tech's first item to a folder (/DukeNukem) ON YOUR PC (don't put it on your phone yet)
  3. Unzip and replace the GRP file in shadow-tech's second step in the new folder you created on your PC
  4. Unzip and replace the correct duke3d.cfg file for your phone in that same folder on your PC
  5. Copy the whole folder (/DukeNukem) to your phone.
  6. Run the exe file on your phone
No installing needed on your phone. Mine runs off the storage card just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
i play this all the time. i modified the config file so it works it works well on the ppc-6700 and the ppc-6800.
you dont install it. just copy to phone and open folder and run the exe.

1. download the game:
http://www.websystemdisk.com/Pocket_...Nukem_3D_0.4g/

2. download the DUKE3D.GRP file:
ftp://ftp.3drealms.com/share/3dduke13.zip <-needs to be installed. you will ned to take the DUKE3D.GRP file out and discard/remove the rest (This is the sharware version DUKE3D.GRP, you can use the DUKE3D.GRP from the retail version (~30MB) if you own it)

3. replace the DUKE3D.CFG with the one below that is for your phone.
ppc-6700: http://johniii.tripod.com/duke/6700.zip <--need to copy and paste into browser
ppc-6800: http://johniii.tripod.com/duke/6800.zip <--need to copy and paste into browser

(duke3d.cfg is config file, duke3d.grp is the 'meat' of the game)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

at least the guys heart is in the right place. I'm trying to get C&C running on my ppc: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...360#post318360

Do you think the updated version of Duke3d will run? The version with the high-res packs for all the models?

If anyone can help me i'd appreciate it. PLUS i will upload the entire game once iget it working with PDOS configured.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/6800
Carrier: sprint

thakidc is keeping up the good workthakidc is keeping up the good work
Talking Re: Duke Nukem 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackychimp View Post
I got this to work on my xv6800 last night... first time through.
[*]Copy the whole folder (/DukeNukem) to your phone.[*]Run the exe file on your phone[/LIST]No installing needed on your phone. Mine runs off the storage card just fine.
I have a mogul but no pc so could you do me a favor and post this entire folder you compiled in a .zip or somthing, the cabs i download wont install direct on the device so all i have is the .cfg file if you would be so kind to post the .exe maybe others can get it working to.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software > Pocket PC Games