PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Lurker

mikeylive is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen Broke! What is this? (Pic)

Today I realize my screen is messed up. I've never seen anything like this. Luckily I have equipment protection on my phone. I'll be going back to the Sprint Store to get it exchanged.

Has anyone else ever noticed this before? Its sort of like a rectangular shape that looks like liquid all over it. Maybe the screen is cracked.

But when you turn it on you can see everything. You still notice this issue in the background but it doesn't completely obstruct the screen. Has anyone else seen this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo 10.jpg (74.3 KB, 2519 views) Click for barcode!
*iContact
*Mac Flo
*TouchPal 3 Pro
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Lurker

grantemsley is a n00b
Re: Screen Broke! What is this? (Pic)

I've never seen a screen break like that...usually its a line, and you can see the magic fluid inside leaking out.

Almost looks like its just dirty...oil can make the screen look kind of like that. But its hard to tell from a photo.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

that, buddy is the L (liquid) in LCD... liquid crystal display... when it's ruptured that's what you'll see.

nice job, very psychadelic lol... just kidding. glad you can take it in and exchange it.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 05-07-2008, 07:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Don't quote me on this, but that looks like either the digitizer is detaching itself from the LCD. Or one of the protective mylar layers may be detaching itself. Did you recently rough up the phone, squish it, or clean it with some type of solvent?

-CC
Old 05-07-2008, 07:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
that, buddy is the L (liquid) in LCD... liquid crystal display... when it's ruptured that's what you'll see.

nice job, very psychadelic lol... just kidding. glad you can take it in and exchange it.
Nah it's not the LCD liquid, since he can turn it on and see the screen just fine. I have had this happen before. I have a TREO with something similar, except it's just a small line by comparison to this. It becomes not visible when the screen turns on.

-CC
Old 05-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Nah it's not the LCD liquid, since he can turn it on and see the screen just fine. I have had this happen before. I have a TREO with something similar, except it's just a small line by comparison to this. It becomes not visible when the screen turns on.

-CC
ok i've seen this a few times as well...
Old 05-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

elfeo0 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeylive View Post
Today I realize my screen is messed up. I've never seen anything like this. Luckily I have equipment protection on my phone. I'll be going back to the Sprint Store to get it exchanged.

Has anyone else ever noticed this before? Its sort of like a rectangular shape that looks like liquid all over it. Maybe the screen is cracked.

But when you turn it on you can see everything. You still notice this issue in the background but it doesn't completely obstruct the screen. Has anyone else seen this?
Who cares about the phone, it looks like you are in a hospital gown, are you ok?, did you have an accident??, did this happend as a result of the accident?

Dont mind me, just posting what I get from picture, hope you are ok.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Post Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfeo0 View Post
Who cares about the phone, it looks like you are in a hospital gown, are you ok?, did you have an accident??, did this happend as a result of the accident?

Dont mind me, just posting what I get from picture, hope you are ok.
DANG Matlock!!!! Just put the dude out there eh??
Old 05-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: sprint

bwshugo is a n00b

i have the same thing on my phone but i never thought anything was wrong wit my screen, i jus alwayz thought it was da screen protector dat came wit da phone dat was causing it, but if it is da screen, i gotta go and exchange it for a new one
Old 05-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6950 -Diamond-
Carrier: Sprint

storino03 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to storino03

It means the fluid that's in between the plastic and the screen is cracked and leaking out. Happens with calculators too :P

--James
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue