PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 12:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WP-Pilot v2.0 - One-handed navigation of WeatherPanel

WeatherPanel Download Index

WP-Pilot v2.0
UranusWare ? 2006-2007

A Today plugin that allows one-handed navigation/operation of WeatherPanel (via the d-pad).

-

Overview
  • The WP-Pilot plugin can be one pixel in height or invisible. When activated, it displays a "pointer" over the WeatherPanel plugin.

Moving the d-pad left or right will move the pointer over each "clickable" item on the WeatherPanel layout.

Press the d-pad center button to activate.

Moving the d-pad up or down will move to the next/previous plugin.

WP-Pilot can be "skinned". Use the WP-Pilot Options to change colors and pointer types to match your overall Today (or WAD) theme.
Fixes/enhancements in version 2.0:
  • Enhancement: The plugin now has "Invisible" mode - zero pixel height.
    Enhancement: New pointer type: Diamond
    Enhancement: Device resolution aware - works with QVGA or VGA WeatherPanel themes, in either portrait or landscape orientation
    Enhancement: Support for Windows Advance Desktop (plus other desktop management systems)
    Enhancement: Option Dialog windows now use "property pages" - split into tabs
    Enhancement: Option Color settings now have slider bars for each color component, plus color mixing window
    Fix: Now properly passes control (focus) to WeatherPanel detail/pop-up windows - 5-way will continue working
    Fix: Now better at computing the width of repeating forecast sections (tough one!)
    Fix: Now works on international devices (such as Italian)
    Fix: Now properly reads the last line of WeatherPanel layout files missing a cr/lf

Warning: When using "Invisible" mode, the Today plugin separator lines may disappear. Some people see this as "feature" If you need your separator lines, use "1 pixel" mode.
Installation:
  • Depending on your preference, I've attached both CAB and PC install setup files (Readme.txt file included in each).

1. Download the desired install file to your PC and unzip it.
    2. If WP-Pilot v1.0 is already installed, go into the Today settings (Start -> Options -> Personal -> Today) and uncheck it.
    3a. PC setup method:
    -> a. Cradle your device.
    -> b. Run WP-Pilot-v20-WM5-Setup.msi (on your PC) to install.
    3b. CAB file method:
    -> a. Copy WP-Pilot-v20-WM5.CAB to your device
    -> b. On your device, run File Explorer (or equilvalent) and click on the CAB file to install.
    4. Open the Today settings (Start -> Options -> Personal -> Today) and access the Items tab.
    5. Check the box next to WP-Pilot, then move it (Move Up/Move Down) directly above or below WeatherPanel.
    6. Click the Options button to access WP-Pilot's options settings.
Currently WM5/WM6 only!

A special thanks goes to codyppc, Malatesta and Doreen for helping me test this! =D>

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip wp_pilot_v20_wm5_setup_897.zip (199.0 KB, 834 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip wp_pilot_v20_wm5_cab_114.zip (25.9 KB, 1840 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by storyr; 12-03-2007 at 06:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:14 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Storyr...are you channeling the spirit of Martin? Keep up the outstanding work...it is very appreciated and needed!

Late,
Coz
Old 01-28-2007, 02:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
This is simply awesome work, storyr. Will be installing it shortly.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:50 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Thanks storyr, will be installing tomorrow after my hard reset.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 01-28-2007, 09:16 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
At least its still made by URANUSware Thanks keep the great stuff coming storyr
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:05 AM
uvz
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael WM 6.5
Carrier: TIM

uvz is a n00b
thanks storyr
Old 01-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mtclark26 is a n00b
WP- Pilot

Is there a way to get Wp-Pilot to work while weatherpanel is in Pocketbreeze version 5.2 Beta 4? Thank you in advaned for your help.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Re: WP- Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclark26
Is there a way to get Wp-Pilot to work while weatherpanel is in Pocketbreeze version 5.2 Beta 4? Thank you in advaned for your help.
I don't have the beta version, but I just tried 5.1.03. I can immediately see the issue: It only allows one plugin per tab. That's not going to work with WP-Pilot because it needs to be paired with WeatherPanel - it takes two to tango

If there's a way to get two plugins into a tab, it should work...
Old 01-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mtclark26 is a n00b
I am not aware of a way to have two plugins in one tab at least not with my experience with the application....
Old 01-28-2007, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor
Storyr, quick question (and I don't remember if WP 1.0 did this, so please bear with me).

WP-Pilot 2.0 and Chameleon: In the current + 4-day screen, WP-Pilot works perfectly. But if I change it to any of the other screens, WP-Pilot will trace to the same points as on the current + 4-day screen (i.e. on the current condition, date, and moon screen, when using the 5-way to the right, it will bounce up and down between the non-existent icons and the toolbar.

Am I making sense here? Basically, on my end, it's always going to the same points regardless of what screen is being displayed... is this normal?

Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software