PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ultimate Launch

Okay so there are a couple threads that talk about this incredible application but I figured I would start this thread in the PPC Software section as I dont know if everyone looks at the Titan forum where we have been discussing this application today.

Ulitmate Launch is a Today Screen launcher that works in a similar fashion to iLauncher or SBP Pocket Plus except it is much better. I have been using it for about a week and i am sold. It is far and away the most useful today screen app and it uses very little memory. You can also set it to not load tabs until they are activated saving even more memory.

Ultimate launch allows you unlimited tabs that can either be placed at the top or at the bottom of the launcher. The tabs can be switched with finger or stylus gestures or by touching the tab you would like directly. The animation for switching between tabs is customizable and offers a cube like spinning which will no doubt keep you playing with your phone more than you already do.

Ultimate launch is also able to nest other today screen plug-ins so you can have HTC home on one tab, Weather Panel on another.

www.ultimatelaunch.de is the website to go get this fantastic application.

You can use standard XP Icons to further customize your tabs and programs.

To find Icons-
Google of course

Deviant Art - www.deviantart.com Awesome site all the way around but many artists on here sharing thier works for free.

CrystalXP - www.crystalxp.net Similart to deviant art.

This is my current set up-

I have 7 tabs I have it set to spin as you can see I have it set to show all of the icons but blur the inactive icons.

Added some PPCGeeks icons http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1204240392 for you to use if you choose.

Last edited by eehrhard; 02-28-2008 at 07:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work
Re: Ultimate Launch

ok call me a dumbass but how the hell do you hide the tabs and are you having the thing spin on its own?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b

what are the bottom icon for? I see one seems to be XPshut, but what are the others? And where did you find them? Also what weather app is that? Is that weather panel with Phatfingers theme?

My today page looks like your but I removed the bottom bar and the theme has a different picture.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardriver View Post
ok call me a dumbass but how the hell do you hide the tabs and are you having the thing spin on its own?
In the UL setting you control how many tabs are visible. You can limit it any way you like. You can also blur them and do some other things to the inactive tabsl.

No it is not spinning on its own i was using my thumb to change pages and grabbing the screen using Pocket Controller Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickm
what are the bottom icon for? I see one seems to be XPshut, but what are the others? And where did you find them? Also what weather app is that? Is that weather panel with Phatfingers theme?
The program is called Pocket Power Manager. http://www.pocketpowermanager.com/
Old 02-28-2008, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro/Vouge

cardriver is keeping up the good workcardriver is keeping up the good work

OH!
so you can really get rid of the tabs you have icons in place of the text for the tabs?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardriver View Post
OH!
so you can really get rid of the tabs you have icons in place of the text for the tabs?
Yes. You can have icons, Text and Icons, Just text or nothing at all its completely up to you. You can also control the size of the tabs and if you want them above or below the main window.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: ppenis
Carrier: me

gabo1 is starting in the wrong direction
Send a message via MSN to gabo1

this app is not free is it?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabo1 View Post
this app is not free is it?
No. Its $14.99 at handango. There is a trial though.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

How much memory does this take? I have heard a LOT about this app, and it does look interesting, but I have to be careful with memory!!

Thanks

Old 02-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
How much memory does this take? I have heard a LOT about this app, and it does look interesting, but I have to be careful with memory!!

Thanks
It is excellent with memory. There are setting which help even more you can set it no not load a given tab until its activated. you can even make your home screen blank saving even more memory. I have found that it is better than SPB PP is. I always have 19-20mb free with WP, SBP phone suite and Resco Today all active.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software